Solved online streamed videos suddenly in auto loop mode - mainly YouTube - why?
Sad 
Hello!

I am experiencing the problem, that online streamed videos are running in kin of auto loop mode - meaning, immediately after they stop at the end, they will restart automatically if not being stopped manually before. I initially thought that was only concerning Bromix' YouTube addon, because that's where I encountered it at first. But then found out, it happens with all kinda videos being streamed by any kind of online streaming addon - to be clear: I am talking legally streaming addons, like said YT addon...

So I guess, I might have changed some settings at some time without knowing or noticing it. I digged through the settings of anything related to video playing and video hardware but didn't find any approptiate settings or options. The problem actually ocurs on a Raspberry Pi 3 running 17.01 - other installations on Linux Lite or Windows 7 here don't sho that issue at all.

I shall be happy for any hints or tipps or solutions, how to fix that issue or where to look for - beyond of "just re-install everything" ;-)

Thanks in advance

Axel
You may have set Playlist Repeat to On.

While watching a movie, hit the back key to get the GUI to overlay the playing video.

Pull out the left side Settings Panel

Select "Go To Playlist"

Set "Repeat" to "Off"

Remember, you are doing all this while the video is playing in the background. I don't think you can get to the setting any other way.
Wink 
that absolutely did the trick immediately - and i am a happy camper again! thanks alot for the quick help!

---

Having the given hint to playlists I digged through the config files and in ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml I found this:

Code:
<myvideos>

<playlist>
        <repeat>false</repeat>  <--- !!!
        <shuffle>false</shuffle>
    </playlist>

</myvideos>

I tested it - when <repeat> is set to true, videos will be played in an endless loop, when setting it back to false everything is nice again :-) And yes - there doesn't seem to be any corresponding value in the various settings dialogues...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
online streamed videos suddenly in auto loop mode - mainly YouTube - why?0