v17 Android and Zidoo X1
Since I can't make a simple statement without being singled out and misconstrued, let's just go full throttle, then.

(2017-04-14, 19:45)mo123 Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 19:02)shomari Wrote: What is an X1? RK, AML?

Zidoo is terrible, I know I wouldn't make any firmware for their boxes.

As to FTMC, it'll never be GPL compliant given its course. GPL discussion aside, it's more akin to an RKMC[proprietary Rockchip bullshit] fork than an SPMC fork

It's based on Rockchip patches and uses Rockchip's custom ffmpeg, RK audio patches, etc. That's why I ask if X1 is RK, as FTMC has RK specific code from RKMC that doesn't even necessarily work optimally on RK.

Mostly proprietary RK binaries throughout. (Very shoddy RK work, by the way.) I piss some people off everytime I say it but I've been saying it for years and I still maintain, RKCodec and the proprietary RK nonsense like RKMC is the worst kind of Kodi fork that could ever exist - beyond the issues of GPL - it's simply plain bad in terms of feature set, roadmap, history, I could go on and on. Lose/lose situation on that front.

RKcodec is the new Amcodec.

RKMC is RK's private method 'solution' to fractional frame rate support (still broken), refresh rate switching (still broken) and other unpublished experimental nonsense. --> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2553871

I'm not sure why you talk about Rockchip.

FTMC has 2 forks, one for AMLogic(with pass-through hacks) and one for Rockchip(with IEC61937 audio) with their settings set by default.
It is basically SPMC with all the changes in the changelog that they publish with new changes from SPMC, Kodi 17, MrMC & RKMC combined.
So any person can reconstruct it with the commits from their change-logs.
They also said they will upload it to Github for other people to use.
They don't make any of their own changes, all commits come from other Kodi's.

Zidoo X1 is an Allwinner device that has zero Kodi support, the worst you get and it was already abandoned by them a year ago.
Zidoo is now also making closed source Realtek Kodi's for their X9s/X10 devices that violate the GPL and use non standard API's.

You can't tell me anything about Rockchip and its hand in the bootlegging of Kodi. I was at the center of RKMC's birth, before the illegitimate bastard had RK's hancock on the birth certificate, and before the spawn had a name.

2014 - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post338108

That's how 'RKMC' came to be, along with the private methods and proprietary binaries that RK pollutes Kodi with to this day. Of course I mention Rockchip, because I have a memory, and I know the trajectory of RKMC into FTMC.

What I feel about Rockchip and the proven parasites at Nagrace/Ugoos and Tronsmart etc. has nothing to do with FTMC. Superceleron is only doing his best to make something good out of a pessimal situation. When I say FTMC can never likely truly be GPL compliant, it's because of the RKMC binaries that RK maintains internally and are not public. To say that is not to fault FTMC. It's to be thorough with regards to the composition of the project.

You're an after-sales agent for Nagrace/Ugoos masquerading as a community member, here and elsewhere. That's why you sided with Nagrace/Ugoos in '14 when only time could prove my claims to be accurate (it has, and then some), and you continue to work with them today, with an ethically dubious lack of disclosure throughout.

You're also keen to defend Rockchip as it suits your other for-profit endeavors such as 'fully loaded' Xmedex boxes your team pitches as having 'features Kodi doesn't', and advertise to this day '3rd Party Addons that bring Live TV, Sports, TV shows and Movies to your home theatre'

Google xmedex 'Morne Ross' and tell me this isn't a significant conflict of interest and smack in the face to Kodi, not to mention overpriced ridiculousness.

[didn't post a link out of respect to Team Kodi's forum rules and customary wishes]
Once again for the back of the bus: I don't and never had a beef with superceleron or FTMC.

My beef is with the parasites in various and sundry forms that plague the project and much more with their opportunistic, short-sighted existence.

EDIT: those 'fully loaded' xmedex boxes (yes that's the term they use themselves) have Kodi mentioned dozens of times in their advertisements.

The company, very curiously, advertises its boxes as having full Kodi manufacturer support.

Look at their word vomit listing in eBay..

EDIT II: If a customer wants to use third party apps, they can utilize the SuperMax 1 click installer to automatically configure their device with third party apps. We simply advertise what you can do with an Android Kodi TV box at your discretion. Our devices do not have any preinstalled streaming apps*** - that's verbatim from their listings. Just one choice gem.

These are the projects you work on, and you masquerade around here like a casual, innocent user and a self righteous Sunday savant? smmfh..

EDIT III: ... and who makes 'xmedex' hardware? You guessed it - Nagrace - the company you're an after sales support agent for (and apparently consultative sales agent as well) ↘↘↘↘↘

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post514094
I see @mo123 took his name off the 'Xmedex XMediaCenter Key Contributors' list on the Xmedex fully loaded 'Kodi box' official webpage after my post above.

It's too late. The internet archives everything, and it's all documented. Trying to sloppily cover your tracks at this point only makes you look worse. Deleting your name - and only your name, because you even left the sentence intact - shows you have a certain level of access and control of that page. . .
Separate, complimentary thread here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313198

.. in case this thread ends up split, they can be merged.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android and Zidoo X10