Possible to enable/disable debug logging on-the-fly while running XBMC?
I know how to turn on the log when I boot up XBMC, but is there anyway to turn it on while XBMC is running without rebooting?

Trying to track down an annoying video playback issue that happens sporadicly.
no, its not possible to change log level without at least restarting XBMC
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:no, its not possible to change log level without at least restarting XBMC

Crap I was afraid you would say that. Gonna make tracking this down a right pain Sad
it's not like it is that big a problem running with debug logging enabled.

just set the loglevel to 1 using advancedsettings.xml. that way you avoid the freemem output but still get the verbose logging. sure, it might slow down some things that logs excessively (startup of movies, movie/music scans) but nothing substantial (i.e. nothing to the point of unusability)
spiff Wrote:it's not like it is that big a problem running with debug logging enabled.

just set the loglevel to 1 using advancedsettings.xml. that way you avoid the freemem output but still get the verbose logging. sure, it might slow down some things that logs excessively (startup of movies, movie/music scans) but nothing substantial (i.e. nothing to the point of unusability)

I'll give it a try, but my concern is that it may be running and logging for days before the error happens again. Also the fact that it could possibly be an error with the networking, which means I need loglevel 3 don't I?

I'll try it on 1 for now and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to enable/disable debug logging on-the-fly while running XBMC?0