Solved No sound in Kodi 17.1
Did a fresh Linux Mint 18.1 install yesterday and the whole system works. I have full sound in all the music players and video players I have installed. I then installed a fresh Kodi 17.1 setup and everything seems to work fine. I can find all of my drives and all of my videos and music. I installed nextPVR and can stream live TV but in the upper right hand corner of Kodi is a red box with the "sound" icon crossed out. I have no sound in Kodi and can't seem to get it working... Anyone have this problem in the past or now? Just looking to see if anyone has a quick fix. TIA!
You've muted Kodi. Press F8 to unmute, or+ or= to increase volume.

Full details on the wiki keyboard controls (wiki) page.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks! That makes me feel pretty dumb but thanks! LOL
(2017-04-13, 18:13)DarrenHill Wrote: You've muted Kodi. Press F8 to unmute, or+ or= to increase volume.

Full details on the wiki keyboard controls (wiki) page.

Thank you so much DarrenHill! This worked!!! This sound issue had been plaguing me for two days, but F8 really worked. You're the best!
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-06-02, 19:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Blown away! Must have unwillingly muted or pressed '-'. I am a long time Kodi user and could not find the problem after looking in all my settings, resetting my advancedsettings audi settings, restarting multiple times and even going through my amp's settings. I get that you thread solved, but 'problem' not so much. There is no visual indication that the audio is muted at all. At least reset the audio level at startup?!
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
No. User settings should be honored and not being overwritten. Imagine someone uses kodi as presentation only somewhere in a store ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The user base for that use case is quite small compared to HTPC users. A disable all sound" menu setting to persistently suppress audio for these users would suffice. Side note, I'd you Google keywords as "Kodi disable volume" you see that so many users seek a way to disable volume control (Inc mute) within Kodi. As do I, volume is controlled by my amp and I never need Kodi to manage it. I would like a setting to "disable volume control" as the best (and ridiculous) solution to the lack of this setting is to remap the standard keyboard controls to volume modification to something dummy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
That sounds like a feature request to me...

Kodi Blog Posts
So ridicioulus it sounds, that's a solution, yes. making the volume control a NOP.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <VolumeUp>noop</VolumeUp>
      <VolumeDown>noop</VolumeDown>
    </keyboard>
    <remote>
      <VolumeUp>noop</VolumeUp>
      <VolumeDown>noop</VolumeDown>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Something like that works if your remote works like a keyboard and remote added additionally?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in Kodi 17.10