Wouldn't a new type of Kodi be a better idea?
Atreyu,
You know what, I think you people are somewhat defensive with respect to education. It sounds to me like you're somewhat low in self-esteem with respect to your own lack of education.

I don't have the best education a person can have, but you all need to work on your manners.

PatK,
Promotion isn't necessarily anything to do with endorsement. I just thought that some of the questionable legality with respect to media sharing with kodi might have come from the promotional aspect. Kodi doesn't necessarily have to endorse the pre-loaded addons to promote piracy.

It's really not a big deal. You all probably think I'm attacking you over piracy issues or something. I'm just hanging out, discussing...

Get over it, you're not in trouble.
This is a really funny thread.
Thanks for making me laugh jv1597.
I'm not sure whether it would be funnier if you were being serious or not.
(2017-04-14, 09:34)jv1597 Wrote: Tinwarble,

You're way off base about kodi. It's not that important.

Secondly, I wasn't making a request, nor was I making an offer. I just posted some information for discussion's sake.

Thirdly, I don't think it's as bad an idea as you assert.

Let's see, every Kodi Team Member is telling you basically the same thing, but I'm off base? Well, hallelujah that you came along to tell us just what Kodi is, we never would have never figured out how wrong we were.

It may not have been a request, but if it sounds like a suggestion, and smells like a suggestion, then HEY! it's a suggestion. And the answer to that suggestion is the same.

And I'm pretty sure that is the problem, you "don't think" and apparently you don't listen or learn.

But at this point, I'm just closing this thread because either you don't want to learn from people with just a little bit more knowledge on the subject than yourself or you're just trolling.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What a weird conversation. I really hope this isn't a native english speaker.
(2017-04-14, 09:34)jv1597 Wrote: Tinwarble,

You're way off base about kodi. It's not that important.

Secondly, I wasn't making a request, nor was I making an offer. I just posted some information for discussion's sake.

Thirdly, I don't think it's as bad an idea as you assert. It's a simpler UI for consumers, and it's more versatile, in the sense that any consumer can download/purchase the app & simply share his/her folder(s), and browse through the potentially vast amount of shared media sources, almost the same way you do on kodi, but a bit more neatly ordered.

Why don't you think it's a good idea? Just curious...
Sharing your media is illegal, unless you're thinking people want to watch your home movies, or the comparitively small amount of freely licensed material out there.

Also you breach copyright if you download movies in 10 second chunks just as much as you do when you download the full movie.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm off to get some popcorn. This could run and run.

For the record, though, in case you needed another team member to weigh in - @jv1597, we don't provide media. We don't provide sources. We don't do stuff pre-installed. We don't do boxes.

If you have any of those things, it's not us. If you install Kodi, and it has links, it's not us. It's nothing to do with us - indeed, we will distance ourselves as far as we can from that, as we don't want to be associated with unlawful activities.

I'm really not sure what else we can say. We're not going to bend over to make the UI easier for people who are doing things that we don't condone and don't have any involvement with...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
I'll add something to the above post by Prof Yaffle.

It is really easy, extremely easy, for the people who want to add those links and add-ons and whatnot, to modify the name of the application, to create a custom skin and to make it their *own* product. On top of that, this is also fully allowed by the license under which the software comes.
Literally the only thing they can not do is use our name and logo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wouldn't a new type of Kodi be a better idea?1