new user lost ....
Hi

I've been using kodibuntu for several years now on a computer running ubuntu 14, having with no problems accessing it from my win 10 computer

Today I decided to wipe it clean, installed Ubuntu 17.04 and kodi 17.1 on the new setup

I've got samba running all ok on the linux setup which I can see nicely and write to it, documents, files etc from my Win setup \\TREVOR-MINT\test trev\4hero\Two Pages (disc 1 Page One)

I've also got the linux booting directly into kodi correctly

I can 'see' my kodi setup on the PC through Chrome on the PC http://192.168.0.29:8080/#settings/kodi/system and can modify settings with this

When I had the Kopdibuntu it was simple just using \\KODIBUNTU\Music\ on my PC to mount the music folder

What I can't suss out is how the get my Kodi music folder up on my PC with this new setup and my PC network only 'sees' the Trevor-Mint setup instead not the Kodi folders

If this makes sense to anyone, a little help would be lovely

Thanks

Minty
You need to share the music directory via samba.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi

I thought it might be something like that,

Now the stupid question, where is the music folder / directory stocked on the linux setup ?

(Of I go trying to find it) .....
It is where ever you put your music files!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi again

Many thanks, I thought that there would be specific folders created when installing Kodi,

I was wrong, and your post helped me to realise that, so using the folders, Music, Video etc created by Ubuntu

Also shared them through the network so I can see them on my Win 10 PC and fill them up, this making a nice backup set on the Linux computer and local usage for the Kodi

again thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new user lost ....0