Win fresh install not running
resurrecting this thread after it was hijacked. no hard feelings, just want to find a solution for my issue too Smile

I tried installing to a different location. modified the target with the properties of a desktop shortcut i created. still experienced the same issue... i see the blue circle for a bit... and then nothing. the program does not seem to launch.

there is a kodi log file... not sure if it was there before or not... but it is empty, just like in a normal install. any other ideas?
Just to clarify the above bradrick42 was that you trying the "portable install" and it still failed or just trying it from a different location?
Posts related to your issue ended at Post #9 and you followed those instructions and it did not resolve the issue.

I think the last resort is to completely uninstall Kodi. This requires...

1. Uninstall the program
2. delete the Kodi folder located at %appdata%. Delete "kodi" and everything below. Or just rename it from "Kodi" to "Kodiold"

Reinstall.
Every time I was asked to install Kodi I have conducted a full uninstall, removing app data...

@Mnementh, yes I did the portable install, modified the shortcut exes file, and the log in the portable folder was still empty.

I think I may resort to reloading my computer... not sure what else to try...
Every time I was asked to install Kodi I have conducted a full uninstall, removing app data...

@Mnementh, yes I did the portable install, modified the shortcut exes file, and the log in the portable folder was still empty.

I think I may resort to reloading my computer... not sure what else to try...
Well, the last thing you can try before your drastic action of reloading the operating system, is follow the instructions in Post #18.

1. Uninstall Kodi. I understand you saying that you selected to remove Appdata.
2. Manually checking that the two items have been removed.

If you find there are any leftovers, then delete them.
Agreed this one is weird, the portable install should have at least created the log file with "something" in it...

This might sound like a silly question but what are you using to view the log files to ensure they are empty? I'm wondering if you might have a faulty file association or something (yes I am grasping at straws now...)

Have you also checked in the Windows event logs to see if there's anything showing up in there? Might be a background appcrash that's preventing kodi from running. It won't show up as an error/warning in the event log but the "source" will say Windows Error Reporting

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fresh install not running0