OS X Stuttering, but not when FInder is frontmost
OSX9.6, 8GB RAM, MBP 2010, 256GB SSD 6.5 GB free space

Kodi 17

Been running smoothly for years through all iterations. Now for some odd reason Kodi stutters through all video - except when Finder is the foremost application (w no windows open) and Kodi can be seen. Then there is NO stuttering.

That is incomprehensible. Only open apps are Kodi, TextEdit and Finder.

NB: When changing frontmost app from Kodi to Finder, video takes about 30 seconds to catch up to audio.
OSX 9.6 on a 7 years old hardware ...
Every now and then even mac users should consider an upgrade.
You are not addressing the issue:

Kodi video stutters, when it is frontmost, but not when Finder is frontmost.

This happened without any updates to Kodi (that I know of), OSX or anything else.

I am trying to figure out why the video stutters, when Kodi is given max attention by the OS - not be lectured on reasons to consume.

But okay, then. I will take my question elsewhere.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/31646937#31646937
Then let's find out if you get a response on the apple thread. It's not wise to not provide a Debug Log and additionally lecturing the guy that writes the video and rendering code ... but we will see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Lecturing? Who's lecturing who, here?
Someone was simply avoiding a question.

I have now tested 15, 16 and 17 as the only running app.
15 and 16 are cool with being alone. 17 stutters, despite being the only app open, but not when windowed.

I am not willing to publically post a log, which I cannot anonymize.

If I get to care enough to help the community despite being lectured by a programmer, I will test a clean 17 for this issue. Until then I will live with kodi 17 in windowed mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering, but not when FInder is frontmost0