List with descreasing opacity while scrolling
Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a list with static label items(home menu) where the opacity of a given label decreases as i scroll away from it. The effect would be exactly the same as in Hitchers FTV skin. Now i could solve this by adding a layer of the background image on top of the menu, and diffusing it with a semi-transparent image, and then add some slide animations to make it appear as if the labels are gradually decreasing in opacity as i move away from them(this is how the FTV skins does it). The problems is that my background is not a single color, and therefore i cant do it this way.

Do any of you have any idea how i could solve this? The only way i can think of is by making a grouplist where i define each menu item with fade animations for every focus position in the grouplist, which seems a bit overkill Big Grin

Thanks in advance.
Make a all white gradient that will act as your fade layer.. then take your multicolored background u have and diffuse the white gradient to it .The multicolored image should take shape and opacity of the gradient if done right.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
If i understand you correctly - then i already tried this. The problem is, that for the opacity of the labels to change, i need to slide the multicolored image up and down. This means that the multicolored image on top of the labels is "out of sync" with the background multicolored image - if that makes sense Big Grin
Alright well is it is a static list then do a animation for each label to fade based on the focused label.
Try using a fade animation instead of sliding it.
Basically <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" condition="container(9000).Hasfocus(1)">Conditional</animation>

Something link that you will have to adjust for your container and effect you want
It works - thanks guys Wink
Well it kind of works. I just found another problem Big Grin Lets say i scroll down from item 1 to item 2, now currently item 1 fades from start="100" to end="50" when the control gains focus on item 2(This is what i want). The problem is that when scrolling up again, this same animation happens when the focus gains control on item 2, here item 1 should stay at 50% opacity, and not fade again from start="100" to end="50". So for this to work i guess i would need a to know the direction of scrolling. I tried with the Container().OnNext, but this results in the animation running for 1 frame.

Any ideas? Big Grin
Can you use absolute positions now in lists?
What do you mean? Like the position of the currently focused item, or any item in the list?
Okay i finally figured it out. I made a hidden dummy list with two items(representing up and down movement), then i made two dummy buttons in the focused layout of the menu list - which each move the dummy list up or down given the scroll direction of the menu list. Then i made fade animations for all items for both scroll directions, and added a condition to check the dummylist for its focus position, thus making a boolean for the scroll direction. Its crazy ugly code, but it works Big Grin

But still thanks for your help Wink
(2017-04-17, 12:51)andersfisker Wrote: Well it kind of works. I just found another problem Big Grin Lets say i scroll down from item 1 to item 2, now currently item 1 fades from start="100" to end="50" when the control gains focus on item 2(This is what i want). The problem is that when scrolling up again, this same animation happens when the focus gains control on item 2, here item 1 should stay at 50% opacity, and not fade again from start="100" to end="50". So for this to work i guess i would need a to know the direction of scrolling. I tried with the Container().OnNext, but this results in the animation running for 1 frame.

Any ideas? Big Grin

You could had used string.Is equalorgreater(container.currentitem,2) as the condition then as the item number was 2 or more it would be faded to 50 on the other end you can have them all start at 50 and on focus fade to 100... I am not sure what your layout looks like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List with descreasing opacity while scrolling0