Req Option to disable texture cache hash recheck
Hi,

I've been looking into a problem I've had where all my sleeping hard drives on my NAS wake up as soon as I start Kodi, despite not playing any video.

After a few days of digging into it I found out that Kodi will recheck the hash for all the art associated with a video after 24h (I might be mistaken about the actual time frame).
I assume the check is there to catch any changes made by third party tools or by manually adding art files.

Since I (and I think a majority of users) never use anything other than the library scanning to grab everything it would be nice if that check could be disabled.
My suggestion for where to put it would simply be a toggle in the library settings with sort of the label "Periodically check for artwork changes" or something similar, definately at the expert level.

While it may seem like a small thing it's pretty annoying from a sound level perspective, as well as a tiny hit on my powerbill+lifetime on the disks.

If that isn't feasible or to narrow to warrant work, is there someone with deeper knowledge about this that can answer:
If I manually set the "lasthashcheck" in the texture table in Textures13.db, will it break anything related to artwork?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable texture cache hash recheck0