Entry for featured artist wrongly created

I believe it's not the expected behavior since I add a few albums recently with song like the and no additional enries were created other than for the album artists...
Actually this only happened after I added an album only, properly tagged with MusicBrainz Picard.

Then Kodi creates an entry ("Little Dragon/Agge") just because a featured artist song but under this entry is the full album, with all tracks and not the only single song. On the regular entry "Little Dragon" is the album too, but only the featured artist song lol

I tried my best examinating the taggs on MB Picard, comparing with similar cases and there's nothing unusual, I can't see why this happened.
shouldn't it be
Name"space"/"space"Name

anyway on my picard it looks like this

Name; Name

klick on the entire and see if its 2 separat artist, i guess not :>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...WRfWGNkQUk
I'm using most default settings on MB Picard (1.4.1). The "/" is the artists default separator and there is tons of featured artists songs like that and no additional entry were created.

I just tried to add the album to 2 fresh Kodi (Jarvis and Krypton). This only happnes on Jarvis! So weird...
Than don't use Jarvis ;P
I wouldn't if the Mimic Skin was the same on Krypton and if I could use de Jarvis version on Krypton...
From the wiki
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_th...le_Artists

For many categories, such as genres and artists, Kodi supports multiple values in the one field. By default it uses the character sequence " / " to divide the entry into multiple values. This divider may be changed via advancedsettings.xml.
Thanks for the help, but I don't get why this happened with one particular album and I have other albums in the same situation tagged in the same way and this behavior didn't happens with them. That's the question
It is definitive a tagging issue, but without more info or files I can't help you. You need to compare the tags with a working feat. Track
That's odd.., I can't provide a pic at the momment because I'm off home, but I did compare and it's exactly the same way "Artists" and "MusicBrainz Artist ID" field separated by "/" and no additional entries created.
Here's a comparisson, pretty much the same way, artists separated by "/". Even though Chainsmokers' album has 5 songs with featured artists no entry were created for them, as expected.

watch gallery
Just a thought, do you have Picard set to clear all existing tags before writing new tags?
Ideally you could look at your database with a sqlite viewer (or is this MySQL?) and probably figure out what went wrong. Typically when I had "stuck" artists it was because of an MBID error that I later corrected in the tags but couldn't clear in the database, except by removing the files, doing an update/clean on the library, then restoring the files and re-scanning/updating.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I think there is nothing wrong with the tags. It's plain simple Kodi for some reason making confusion with the "/" for one particular album. Just added two albums to a fresh Kodi folder, one album Kodi handles right the otheer it handles wrong, for whaterever reason as both is properly tagged MB Picard.

FIX:
As recommended on 'Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide' thread tag all music files on MB Picard with ID2v 2.4 instead of 2.3 default.
Kodi creates an artist entry "Little Dragon/Agge" because the ARTISTS tag (note the S) is set to that and slash without spaces it not seen as a separator. But Kodi will find the two Musicbrainz Id values (for "Little Dragon" and "Agge") in the Musicbrainz Artist Id tag, and v16 will struggle to know what to do with one artist name and two ids. Krypton is smarter, and tries to fix such mis-matched tags so will split "Little Dragon/Agge" into "Little Dragon" and "Agge" to match the count of mbids, despite the use of "/" without spaces as a separator.

It is possible to get this to work with ID3 v2.3 tags too and in v16, taking care with separators and consistent tagging.
(2017-04-20, 16:45)DaveBlake Wrote: Kodi creates an artist entry "Little Dragon/Agge" because the ARTISTS tag (note the S) is set to that and slash without spaces it not seen as a separator.
I understand that, but I don't see the logic since there is another album using "/" for featured artists and Kodi won't creat a "The Chainsmokers/Louane" entry.

(2017-04-20, 16:45)DaveBlake Wrote: It is possible to get this to work with ID3 v2.3 tags too and in v16, taking care with separators and consistent tagging.
Yeah, I tried with "; " and it won't work too, but it works with " / ". I guess I'll stick with ID3 v2.3 then as Windows 10 has some problems dealing with 2.4, on Explorer it won't show track embbed artworks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Entry for featured artist wrongly created0