v17 Thumbnails not opening and crashing Kodi/Libreelec
So I bit the bullet and bought a new Odroid C2 to replace an aging Acer Revo 3610
My current set up is running 15.2 Isengard with an old Kodibuntu OS. For whatever reason I have been unable to update Kodi on this install for a while.
I have set up Libreelec 8.01 on the Odroid and added sources as required. I then copied my existng 15.2 database files to the new Userdata folders. The library imports and the watched status etc all comes across fine.
The problem I am having relates to thumbnails loading (or not loading) and crashing the system causing a restart. Some times I can scroll through slowly and let the system either find or load a thumbnail but I eventually get to a movie and it will crash.
This is the log file, hopefully someone can make more sense of it than me
Log File
I was thinking I could delete the databases again and just do a fresh scrape on the new Odroid. That should get all new thumbnail details. If I then tried to copy the old MyVideos database file across do you think it would work and find the new thumbnails?
Its all a bit odd as I managed to do the same thing on a raspberry pi with Libreelec 8.01 and it worked fine.
have you tried running artwork downloader before you do anything else see if it gets all the missing graphics again?
No I haven't, I have never run it but have always seen it. I will try that now, thanks.
Not promising it'll work but cant see why it wont if the art is missing; hope it works for you.

I always export my database to single folders so i can scan it back in all at once or peice by peice. worth doing once a week.
I ended up starting again and this time I copied the database folder and the Thumbnails folder which worked a lot better, just took a long time (50000 Thumbs)
It sort of solved the problem. There is still an issue with cacheing images I think. I tried changing skins to Black Glass and when I went to the home screen it just crashed. When through about 15 power cycles, crashing as soon as the home page opened, and then it just stopped. It was like it had finally opened and cached all the images on the home page and was happy.
I have changed my skin back to transparency which seemed to be pretty stable after the initial set up.
When you say you export your database do you mean export your library as seperate entries? So the nfos and art are in the folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails not opening and crashing Kodi/Libreelec0