Win Kodi won't start
is this what u want?

how do u read it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1db04gdu3126tq...0.dmp?dl=0
I posted the above. will no one from Kodi respond to what I posted?
I am not familiar enough with windows sorry. Linux generates crashlogs named like kodi_crashlog-20170325_213651.log and they are plain text. Not sure what a dmp file is.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
well, dmp usually means dump and is a log file. if notepad doesn't work, wordpad usually does but not this time. in any case, Kodi made the file.

I tried another experiment. I disabled the intel card and left the NVidia one working. Kodi worked again.

so the issue does not seem to be the cards or their drivers, but rather the fact that two cards enabled together trip Kodi up. this leads me to believe that Kodi has a problem with hardware configs like mine and the win10 Creators update.

I believe this is a Kodi problem and I think someone from Kodi should be working with me on it.
Although I am a team member, I am not a dev, so unable to do much more sorry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
bump
(2017-04-23, 02:20)MrSinatra Wrote: bashing windows serves no point.

I did provide the log, see post #3.

afaik, my intel drivers did not change, and there is nothing newer than the .4459 ones for HD 3000, and moreover, Kodi works just fine with the intel card once the NVidia card is disabled in device manager.

it looks to me like Kodi has had problems with systems that have multiple video cards in the past. in my case, it looks pretty clear it is again. its not about how many others have the issue. I have the issue. that Kodi crashes is the problem. why should it crash? why doesn't it crash if the Nvidia card is disabled?

So Windows updated to the latest Creative version, and now your Kodi is crashing and you blame Kodi?

I will tell you this, as I support Windows in my Day job for ever (25+ years), and can for a fact say that your issues are driver related. Nearly instant search for HD3000 Windows 10 Drivers gave me this result...
https://communities.intel.com/thread/112238
Allow me to quote from Intel...."Intel does not have graphics drivers available for Windows® 10 for your Intel® HD graphics 3000 graphics controller. You are currently running Inbox drivers for Windows® 10, they are provided by Microsoft* as part of the installation package."

So because the drivers are from Microsoft, and Microsoft just updated their OS (Creators Edition), your system is Now broken when running Kodi.

Good News for everyone reading this thread, you found a FIX. Disable 1 of the Video cards, and Kodi works. I would stick with the Nvidia drivers, as at least they are supported in Windows 10.
its only Kodi that crashes. other apps, including games, don't.

Kodi apparently had problems with dual card systems b4.

i think its fair to blame Kodi, since Kodi works with each card individually, has a history with dual card systems, and other apps do not crash when both cards are enabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't start0