Win Upgrading from 15.2 to 17.1
Hi all.
I just tried upgrading from 15.2 to 17.1 and got the seemingly endless "migrating" message.
I've read many a post regarding this and was unable to get past this initial screen so I restored from a recent back-up and am back at 15.2.

I'm running Aeon MQ6 and I'd like to upgrade to Kodi 17 but I'd like to keep all my current settings.
Must I upgrade to 16 first or should an upgrade from 15.2 to 17.1 be possible?

Is there one particular issue causing the "migrating" message to continue?

Thanks.
The first thing I would do is make sure Kyrpton will run on your hardware, with a portable install (http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable), pretty simple, just download the installer and when the requester pops up, point at a custom location for the install, then DON'T run it. Create a 'shortcut icon', go the the properties of the shortcut and under 'Target' add the -p to the executable (lower case please C:\Kodi-Krypton\Kodi\kodi.exe -p), run Kodi off that shortcut. Works...? Theoretically upgrading Kodi v16 over Kodi v15 should be painless and the jump from there to 17 again should be easy, but many messages in the forum have indicated issues with add-ons "migrating", so maintaining your back-up 15.2 might prove to be valuable.

I personally would export the library to separate files, Install Kodi 17 as a fresh, then set up the sources with local scrapers.
Thanks. I think ill do a fresh install as suggested.

One question though.

I use MediaElch to maintain my library on a different PC to where Kodi is installed, is there still a need to export the library through Kodi before a fresh install?

Thanks again.
I'm a little unfamiliar with MediaElch, and don't know how it handles files/paths etc. Best to ask support with the MediaElch people/author., I couldn't see why exporting the library to separate files, would be a problem.
Thanks alot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from 15.2 to 17.10