Req Telia Play+
Microsoft announced the end-of-life of Silverlight 5 in 2012. In 2013, Microsoft announced that they had ceased development of Silverlight except for patches and bugfixes. Microsoft has set the support end date for Silverlight 5 to be October 2021 (which today only remains for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows). Silverlight is already no longer supported in Google Chrome since September 2015, and in Firefox since March 2017. And there is no Silverlight plugin available for Microsoft Edge.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight...n-SL5.html

It is clear that the solution should be for Telia to migrate to a HTML5 based framework as soon as possible, (no matter the cost/time for Telia), and not that Kodi should add support for Silverlight which is practically obsolete today (and did never even have proper cross-platform support).
No shit Sherlock.. think im a boss over there or something ? 

again im fairly certain that in time they will but for now its Silverlight
The point is rather why anyone would spend time and effort on something that's been end-of-life for 6 years or so, just because aforesaid multinational can't be bothered to keep their software up to date?

They have rather more access to resources and money than we do. I know it's you the end user who suffers, but I doubt people would be interested in supporting something that's so far EOL as Silverlight is.

Also remember that Kodi is very much multi-platform, and I'm not even sure Silverlight is applicable to non-Windows environments.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-02, 15:43)DarrenHill Wrote: The point is rather why anyone would spend time and effort on something that's been end-of-life for 6 years or so, just because aforesaid multinational can't be bothered to keep their software up to date?

They have rather more access to resources and money than we do. I know it's you the end user who suffers, but I doubt people would be interested in supporting something that's so far EOL as Silverlight is.

Also remember that Kodi is very much multi-platform, and I'm not even sure Silverlight is applicable to non-Windows environments.
 well there are Android and Apple apps for it so im guessing that there is another system thats not documented underneath that is html5 but good luck getting to that.. in anycase cant do shit about it so its pointless to discuss
Hi,

I added the service Telia Play to m-TVGuide. Enjoy.

https://github.com/Mariusz89B/script.mtvguide
@M89SE

You github links are invalid and your third link -in your signature- is a blatant advertisement.
As a result, it has been edited out.
(2020-06-10, 11:21)OTinley Wrote: @M89SE

You github links are invalid and your third link -in your signature- is a blatant advertisement.

they work, they are hidden for the moment we are checking on legal issues
(2020-06-11, 18:56)swetoast Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 11:21)OTinley Wrote: @M89SE

they work, they are hidden for the moment we are checking on legal issues

Well, I sorted out most of the legal stuff but maybe you guys can help me out if there is something missing. Addon is now available in mods-kodi repo.

http://64.79.96.137/repository.mods-kodi...-1.0.0.zip
Telia play Kodi addon would be fantastic
If anyone is still reading this thread, you might be interested in a new Telia Play addon I've created. Read about it and get it from this thread: 359037 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Telia Play+1