What happens when?
if I get a box with android 6.0 installed will it be worth it?

What happens when the box will only run on a version higher than 6.0?[/size]
Anything over android 5 will allow you to use the new version of Kodi and beyond.

Depends on the manufacturer of your box. If your manufacturer doesn't support your box with firmware updates and the version requirement is increased. You will have to get another box (just like you do now if you have a box running 4.x with no support for firmware update). If you manufacturer does support your box, just update it to support the latest version of KODI.

pretty straight forward
(2017-04-17, 18:58)Asbelfast Wrote: if I get a box with android 6.0 installed will it be worth it?

What happens when the box will only run on a version higher than 6.0?[/size]

Generally speaking, the higher the Android version number the better. This is not the case in all instances since some devices running Android have screwed up firmware.

Nothing happens if the Android version is higher, there is only a minimum API level, not a max.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply fellas.

Will be buying a box with 6.0 on it the (mi box).

I'm a novice when it comes to this sort of stuff. Does it support firmware?
So far, yes.

There should be a Android 7 update for the Mi rolling out in then next few months.

You should check out the dedicated thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happens when?0