Req OneDrive Library and Settings location
Hi I am new user, I would first of all love to thank the developers for the excellent work on the Kodi app for Windows 10. It's fast, completely bug free, and is responsive from Wake Up before my television is even ready to show an image. Great work on that.

With the 17.1 Windows 10 app running so well I was hoping that some OneDrive functionality can be included to host the library and settings files to allow easy and automated shared usage across multiple devices, OS's and running instances.

It would be great to see future Kodi versions automatically check for an active OneDrive connection and detect both a settings file and library database, should a connection not be found then obviously the application would not continue the search and the user is free to do what they wish. If existing files are found the user is asked if they want to proceed and integrate so that their Kodi ecosystem applies to this new install, a yes answer does it's magic and Kodi is populated as is on their other Kodi systems.

To supplement an existing OneDrive connection but no existing files the user may wish to be prompted if they would like to integrate to OneDrive. A yes answer will automatically populate a new OneDrive folder with a blank library database and settings file. A no answer obviously allows a user to start with a blank local Kodi database.

I have OneDrive on 1 PC, 1 laptop, an iPad and 2 iPhone's. These are obviously shared throughout my family. I can do the MySQL however because of my job I learned a decade ago most people need help just to load Internet Explorer let alone share their Kodi database.

I stated OneDrive because it's integrated into Windows, probably still the most popular operating system in the world and because it is free on iOS, Android. My S7 Edge oddly had OneDrive already present along with other Microsoft Office apps. And when the time comes to buying a new PC or laptop there is the ease of mind knowing the process to getting Kodi up and running is just a click away.

With Microsoft considering allowing "owned" apps to install automatically on new Windows devices based on their Microsoft accounts it would work well to see Kodi downloaded upon the first sign on and then the first load up of Kodi the user will see their Kodi ecosystem is there waiting for them with minimal to zero user input.

Checking for active OneDrive connections on Android and iOS may be tricky ofcourse, but such a feature would need options in the system settings regardless. So perhaps a small section there can be adopted for users on other operating systems or existing Windows devices with a library already existing and ready to be uploaded.

Thank you for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OneDrive Library and Settings location0