Win Kodi 17.1
Your logs are all full of references to banned addons, which means either you have not fully uninstalled kodi or you are installing a modified version of kodi obtained from somewhere other than the kodi website.

Uninstall kodi
Delete your kodi data folder

Check to verify no references to kodi or Ares exist anywhere in your computer.

Download kodi from the kodi.tv website

Install Kodi

Do not install ares because you will not get any support here while it is installed.

If the error continues you will need to turn to whoever supplied you with the modified (broken) kodi in the first place to find out how to get rid of it.
Well hate to pour oil on the fire but, my kodi is totally clean, only official and rapier and adult repo, but last night no video or movie will play and if it does no sound, mp3 do not play i see the artwork but no sound, i can stream just fine "legal streams ofc" have both sound and feed, i have notice one darn annoying thing, i use wasp for audio always have and always will, but it seems everytime i enter system settings its def to direct sound.

Also on 1703
but last night everything was working fine no troubles, and now you wan't a debug.log and i would provide it ofc but i keep getting file lines exceeded i then tried editing half and half still pastebin says exceeding, so no log and yes i know "no log no problem" yea i know the drill same with the new fanatics we are seeing "no bodies" no Holocaust.

but your ofc entitled to saying no log no problem i say NO 5 million bodies of "Jews" no holocaust. and that line really p.... me off no log no problem. okay the end
having a bad day because of my Kodi misbehaving sorry
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Well i see 1 of the 25 problems, not sure if any kodi updates have been installed last night, but you made some serious plunders in python/lib, and then giving the files new names nice touch but stick to the common python names also makes kodi able to function better when it does not have to look for a file that does not exist

lets take
Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win "nice name but really guys no such file in the lib"
I would change it to
Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\plat-generic

AND CHRIST IN HEAVEN who was sleeping in class when the TEACHER SAID IF YOU RENAME FOLDER WITH A CAPITAL THEN FOR GOD SAKE CHANGE THE CODE

hehe sry i can't help it but its kinda funny someone had the bright idea to change lib to Lib Big Grin will never work nice Aprils fool NOW CHANGE IT BACK hehe
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Hi, I believe I have it all cleaned up with no un approved addons installed. It still does the same thing with the one addon I have installed, its a Kodi repository addon. This is a safe addon am I correct in assuming so... Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of this trouble. As it was working fine one and not the next. The PC never took updates, or any additional software.....Thankx.....Bill.... https://pastebin.com/u/wild-bill65
Everyone keeps refering to a modified Kodi version. I downloaded the Kodi 17.1 I am having trouble with right here from this site. But it is the official Kodi 17.1 I am using and having trouble with. I just thought installing this and using it would be a simple process like everyone has said. Not quite so simple........Confused
Does anyone think trying the latest Nightly might be worth a shot at solving my problems.. I am open to suggestions.
I downloaded the latest Nightly and magically all my troubles are solved. It works fine for now and as I add more content we will see if it holds up.. Many thankx for your help. But I am sure we will meet again....Bill....
I am sorry to say I spoke too soon, after playing one video perfectly it is crashing again when trying to play a video...Here are my logs....https://pastebin.com/u/wild-bill65
I was really hoping someone had an idea of what was causing my Kodi to crash? I could really use your help? I downloaded Kodi from this site and reinstalled with only approved addons. And it still causes a crash when I try to run addons.....https://pastebin.com/u/wild-bill65

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.10