Android Updating from Kodi 16.1 to 17.1 on Amazon Firestick
Kodi 17.1 Krypton shows the "first run" page and a loading bar, but then automatically crashes once the bar fills up. I have cleared my cache and data and that has not helped.

I have seen a few posts about this but there is nothing concrete. One solved thread but no answers found. I will post a debug log if someone shows me how to do it lol

thanks
Got a message running 16.1 (still works fine) "Using 16.1 stable while 17.1 stable is available, visit kodi.tv for more info"

each time I install kodi 17.1 it crashes

I have a first Gen FireStick, upgraded to kodi 17.1. It starts to load then goes back to previous screen. It crashes. How can I fix it?
Also, I downloaded the 17.1. From this link https://bit.ly/kodi171arm
Thanks
I had this problem and I went into the fire stick settings and changed the tv viewing setting to 1060 hope that helps
(2017-04-09, 18:50)Weeyin Wrote: I had this problem and I went into the fire stick settings and changed the tv viewing setting to 1060 hope that helps

Omg bro if I could hug you right now. It works like a charm. Thanks. Can we get a mod to please pin this there has been a lot of posts about this problem. Hell I might make a video Smile

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-04-09, 18:50)Weeyin Wrote: I had this problem and I went into the fire stick settings and changed the tv viewing setting to 1060 hope that helps

I have searched the web for hours(not for the first time ) trying to find the solution to why my updated kodi (both 17 and 17.1) would start I wouldn't say I was a newbie having been using kodi on and off since it was xbmc on multiple devises PC, RPI , firestick even xbox but I couldn't work out why it wouldn't load. Tried everything Cleared cache cleared data cleared app store data and cache re booted restarted de registered re registered, reinstalled 16.1 (working) factory reset firestick retried all the above still to no avail just about to give up hope when I came across your simple little piece of advise BANG!! up and running, so I had to join this community just to say
THANKS
Could you please elaborate a little?
What are TV viewing settings? And what does 1060 mean? Do you mean 1080p?
I'm having the same problem and am at a loss here...
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating from Kodi 16.1 to 17.1 on Amazon Firestick0