Foxconn R10-D2 Intel Atom D510 Intel NM10 Intel GMA 3150
Sad 
Hello all!
I have been using Kodi and for many years going back to my origianl Xbox.
However I have never tried to run it on such weak hardware.
I was gifted this old barebones unit with 4gb of DDR2 running win7 and it would be perfect
for my needed use in the bedroom for Win7 media center and Kodi. My main question is
If i picked up a good PCI video card such as geforce 6200 or a amd HD 5450 or FX5500
Would that take the load off the CPU? And if yes would it make it usable?
As it is now it can play some 720p but it is so so SLOW going thru menus and just changing
channels thru the guide. I know i can go buy new hardware but really would like to bring some
new life and use for this old quiet box. Thanks all for reading and look forward to reading
your replys!
THANKS!
(2017-04-19, 04:00)rede2go Wrote: Hello all!
I have been using Kodi and for many years going back to my origianl Xbox.
However I have never tried to run it on such weak hardware.
I was gifted this old barebones unit with 4gb of DDR2 running win7 and it would be perfect
for my needed use in the bedroom for Win7 media center and Kodi. My main question is
If i picked up a good PCI video card such as geforce 6200 or a amd HD 5450 or FX5500
Would that take the load off the CPU? And if yes would it make it usable?
As it is now it can play some 720p but it is so so SLOW going thru menus and just changing
channels thru the guide. I know i can go buy new hardware but really would like to bring some
new life and use for this old quiet box. Thanks all for reading and look forward to reading
your replys!
THANKS!

Hi.

If you put a HD5450 that supports graphic acceleration (the 6200 and 5500 do not have graphics acceleration) you load off the CPU and you can play videos at 1080p but you will continue to work slow through the menus, etc. You will only notice improvement in video playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foxconn R10-D2 Intel Atom D510 Intel NM10 Intel GMA 31500