DVB Viewer - Media Server 2.0.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sammarbella Offline
Donor
I solved my LAN problems with media server and dvbviewer addon: it was the windows 10 firewall!

Even with outbound rules allowing all traffic for media server and dvbviewer pro (public and private) live tv (and recordings) were not reaching LAN clients until i turned off the windows firewall.
find quote
skybird1980 Offline
i also have windows ten 15063.296 without any problems inside of my LAN. disable the firewall is no secure option. you can use reset to standard settings instead.
maybe just the wrong port is enabled? 8089 is the standard port.
find quote
sammarbella Offline
Donor
(2017-05-17 05:27)skybird1980 Wrote:  i also have windows ten 15063.296 without any problems inside of my LAN. disable the firewall is no secure option. you can use reset to standard settings instead.
maybe just the wrong port is enabled? 8089 is the standard port.

Yes it's not secure but now live tv on LAN works and before it didn't even will all access granted by firewall rules for the service and the exe.

RTSP stream worked, channel list and EPG too but live tv was not streamed.

It only worked when i disabled windows firewall.

I don't use the HTPC for anything else than NAS for Kodi library and live tv server so i don't need a firewall at all, maybe i will install eset smart when i need to do some maintenance and websites access.
find quote