Apple Remote buttons mapping
Where could I find the mapping of Apple Remote buttons for Kodi?
search the forum this has been dealt with over and over again and i thought kodi wasnt good enough for your superior needs?
Meaningful answer, as always.
Do you want me to search for it for you? Give no respect and you shall receive the same back.
Just to give you a pointer alto your personal attitude needs adjustment, Kodi 17 has been completely rewritten re. input and joystick handling; this is maybe where your problem lies as i believe the apple remote works as keyboard presses now. their are many posts on the matter; one i can think of you will find by typing in your subject into the search box. I too have an apple remote but its a pretty pathetic remote lets be hosest compared to whats available out there, for example the logitech remotes put them to shame as does the windows media remotes for linux/windows which is why i dont use it on mac as my main machines are linux and windows based; i only use the Macs for watching the odd movie whilst modifying drawings.

We are all helpful here but when you start personally attacking people who are using their own time to help you; the chances of you getting help diminishes.

Thought i'd give you the benefit of the doubt but dont go adding users to agree with you its lame and they have the same IP address.

All the best Dek.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

Can be found in /Applications/Kodi.app/Content/ somewhere and needs to be copied to ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps (path is out of my mind - but the folder should be there somewhere) before altering
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-04-20, 13:23)Derek Wrote: Do you want me to search for it for you? Give no respect and you shall receive the same back.

Thank you for the advise. But I'd better ignore when you show disrespect rather than give you the same back.

(2017-04-20, 20:56)Derek Wrote: Thought i'd give you the benefit of the doubt but dont go adding users to agree with you its lame and they have the same IP address.

You will never catch me on adding new "users" to support my opinion as I know for sure I will always get new IP, even two, with every new login created by me at this forum. My ISP swore it is exactly like this!

(2017-04-21, 07:43)Memphiz Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml

Guys, thank you! Really this time.

The only thing I need to clarify is that I'm not going to remap the keys. I just want to know what should I press on Apple Remote to call one or other feedback from Kodi. Just standard Kodi's key map for Apple Remote. Like "you must press Play button on the Apple Remote to start the playback" or so.

In other words I want to know everything I could get from Kodi with Apple Remote's reduced number of buttons and how to achieve that with as few button pressings as possible.
Btw i thought you didnt use kodi? and i'll quote you "I don't need any help, as I don't use Kodi."

I don't understand why your still asking questions after insulting most of the nicest guys you'll ever meet on a forum who would spend much of their precious time helping people they don't even know.

Thats all i have to say about this but as i said in my first post most if not all this information is available via the search function IF you are a competent computer user; and as you've stated you are a superior human being.
@Derek simply use the ignorelist - so did i...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Good idea buddy just annoys me the time you for one put into this and have to put up with attitudes best left in the 1990s

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote buttons mapping0