Linux Kodi 17 something is wrong
After having to reinstall kodi 17, (it asked for a password that I didn't have and after giving it the only two that were used on the client and server I figured I'd just reinstall and start afresh) No biggie really as I'd just installed it to check it out. I've mainly used Mythtv as my pvr but felt like a change.
So after purging the system of the kodi install and making sure all config files etc had been wiped I did a reboot and re-installed kodi using the same install method as the first time.
Though this time nothing worked.No kodi icon,
Code:
/usr/bin/kodi
didn't work.
Code:
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone
and got this error
Code:
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone: 45: /usr/bin/kodi-standalone: /usr/bin/kodi: not found
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone: 45: /usr/bin/kodi-standalone: /usr/bin/kodi: not found
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone  has exited in an unclean state 3 times in the last 0 seconds.
Something is probably wrong

The client machine has a fresh install of Elementary that has been updated while installing the original kodi install and my second attempt.
Any help appreciated. thanks
BrianmBlacke
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
dpkg -l | grep kodi | pastenbinit

please
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I installed the manual debug log file from the kodi wiki and then like an idiot I deleted the .log and .log.old files so that I could get a more recent debug report. But after trying to start kodi using <CODE>/usr/bin/kodi</CODE> -bash: /usr/bin/kodi: No such file or directory<CODE>/usr/bin/kodi-standalone</CODE> /usr/bin/kodi-standalone: 45: /usr/bin/kodi-standalone: /usr/bin/kodi: not found
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone has exited in an unclean state 3 times in the last 0 seconds.
Something is probably wrong
No debug report was generated. I'd like to keep at this to learn more about working with kodi but it's been a few weeks. So I'm going to delete everything that <CODE>find</CODE> turns up and start again.
Thanks for your replies
brianmblacke
Please post what I asked for
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
pretty obvious that kodi is not installed
Just want to make it ovious for the OP, too :-)
For reference to install kodi; those are the messages you'd expect if you didnt install kodi Smile

sudo apt install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install kodi
Is that so on the OS he uses?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's Elementary according to the OP, if that's correct then yes it uses apt and PPA's.

Although I think you have to enable PPA's first they don't work out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 something is wrong0