Followed WIki but stuck - XBMC - Gutsy 7.10
Honestly, rather than using the current "restricted" driver that Ubuntu has in their repository which has KNOWN issues use ENVY to install the latest driver from NVIDIA. It will take care of EVERYTHING for you and is really slick.Nod

I've had issues where XBMC has started up... cored, and come right back down for no obvious reason. I simply start it again and seldom do I go more than 2 or 3 times before it's up and running fine. My feeling is, it's being worked on constantly so there's bound to be quirks occasionally that will get worked out. If it consistantly crashes, check the XBMC log for hints as to what's going on. Maybe wait awhile, do an SVN up, and see if new code comes down and then try again.:p

P.S. See wasn't it easier when you ran it on normal Desktop Ubuntu?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
try "make distclean" and then run "./build.sh" again.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
We have a Winner Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Success it was the Video Drivers were not installed properly, I can double click the Executable and XBMC loads right up.Big Grin

Question about full screen from the readme it says:

6.1 Fullscreen
----------------------------------------

The best way is to go into settings\Appearance\Screen and set Resolution
to the one with (Desktop) next to it. ( I did this ) Toggle FS with the \ key while XBMC - ( where is the FS key i cannot find it on my keyboard )
is running. To start XBMC in fullscreen mode append a '-fs' to the command
line.

Thanks
AJBig Grin
The FS toggle key is "Backslash" or "\"

Cheers,
xgrep
return null;
Thankyou Big Grin
Hi Guys - I have kind of an issue - I set the path to my Nas server which has Movies/Music on it etc - When i try to access it i will see the folders/files for a split second then XBMC crashes to the desktop, I looked at 2 Logs in the build folder and cannot find any source of why it's crashing.

Any ideas where I should look?

BTW - HD Video Material plays fine - CPU etc around 75%

Thanks in advance
AJ
ajgoyt Wrote:Hi Guys - I have kind of an issue - I set the path to my Nas server which has Movies/Music on it etc - When i try to access it i will see the folders/files for a split second then XBMC crashes to the desktop, I looked at 2 Logs in the build folder and cannot find any source of why it's crashing.

Any ideas where I should look?

BTW - HD Video Material plays fine - CPU etc around 75%

Thanks in advance
AJ

Also noticed if I just add a source to music off of the XBMC hardrive it crashes XBMC to the desktop, So I performed another test - I went to pictures and added a source to the XBMC hardrive and it will not crash viewing pictures. hmmmmm Rolleyes

AJ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Followed WIki but stuck - XBMC - Gutsy 7.100