[Kodi 17.1] PVR Manager Not Starting
I have DVBLink TV Server 6.0.0 running on a Netgear ReadyNAS214. Kodi clients include two NexBox A95X's and a Lenovo tablet - all Android and quad-core.

The problem that I am having is that when I start up Kodi on any of the clients and go to TV, the PVR manager never starts - it just sits at 0%, even after a few hours! The cure I have found is to go to (Kodi) Settings > PVR & Live TV Settings > General > Clear Data. Once this is done it all starts loading immediately. I have to do this on each client individually, but I have found that if I go back to the same client within a few hours it all starts up properly. I have around 400 channels but once PVR Manager starts it loads, together with the EPG data, within a minute or two.

Is there any way to force the PVR Manager to start every time, perhaps by automating the "Clear Data" on startup. I know that this would slow down the startup, but I am trying to encourage my family to use this system and having to delve into the settings just to get it to start is proving to be a, (understandable), problem.

TIA

Paul
Hi Paul,
maybe the 'wait for network' function in Kodi would be helpful in your case?!?
Thanks, I've made the change on all three devices mentioned in my post - I need to leave it for a day or so now to see if it cures the problem.

Paul
This setting does seem to have fixed the problem - thanks again.

Do I need to mark this thread as "Solved"? (how?).

Paul
(2017-04-23, 22:01)Paul608085 Wrote: This setting does seem to have fixed the problem - thanks again.

Do I need to mark this thread as "Solved"? (how?).

Paul

Hello,

I have the same exact problem and doing the same exact workaround with Kodi 17.3 on both Android and Windows and DVBLink Server 6.0.0 in the back-end.
Could you kindly specify where exactly this "Wait for Network" setting is? I cannot find it anywhere in Kodi.

Thanks and regards

Argyrios

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17.1] PVR Manager Not Starting0