• 1(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
System: Xcode 8.3 against TvOS SDK 10.2 (Sierra)

I am having issues with Kodi installation via Xcode.

1. Downloaded project: https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/tree/yab
2. Executed:

cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-platform=tvos

Got an error:
checking for "*86"... auto is not "*86"
configure: error: error in configure of --with-sdk=10.2

Please help,
Thank you.

- Dmytro
I think your xcode is to new - tvos sdk 10.12 is not supported in my branch. I can fix that error relatively easy but no idea if it will compile. Supporting mewer xcode versions and sdk can be a real big challange at times and is nothing i would do if i wouldn't have to.

Edit: - i allowed tvos 10.* SDK now - please do a git pull to get the latest commit and then redo the bootstrap + configure step.

No guarantee that it will work though as I never compiled with anything but tvos 9.1 SDK.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Perfect thanks I was having the same issue. When rolling back Xcode it seemed to mess up all my certs.

Will try compiling this morning, but I suspect as there was some significant changes from 9.x to 10.x it will require a lot of changes.
(2017-04-21, 07:39)Memphiz Wrote: I think your xcode is to new - tvos sdk 10.12 is not supported in my branch. I can fix that error relatively easy but no idea if it will compile. Supporting mewer xcode versions and sdk can be a real big challange at times and is nothing i would do if i wouldn't have to.

SOLVED!! I will post the Instructions tomorrow.
Look forward to the instructions, Im still getting build failed, mostly undeclared variables, been working my through.
How to Build Kodi via Xcode

Older Xcode versions: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/

MUST HAVE INSTALLED for it to work properly:
Xcode: 7.2.1
tvOS 9.1 SDK (it comes with Xcode 7.2.1)

===============================================

***** OPEN TERMINAL *****

**/ If you want to check SDK you have installed input in terminal:

Code:
xcodebuild -showsdks

1. Get The File

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/archive/yab.zip

Extract it and rename to "Kodi" and put it in /Your User/ folder ($HOME)

2. Install Kodi build depends

Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos
make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)

3. Compile Kodi binary addons

Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
cd tools/depends
make -C target/binary-addons

4. Compiling Kodi to Use with Xcode

Code:
cd $HOME/Kodi
make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
make clean
make xcode_depends

5. Adjust Settings in Xcode

Go to Kodi folder and open Kodi.xcodeproj

Change product identifier to your name
Change the signing ID to your Apple ID

If doesn’t work do the follow:
** Select the TEAM for Kodi-TvOS & TvOSTopShelf
** Kodi-TvOS: Go to Build Settings > Change Provisional Profile from Automatic to GenericDevelopment_tvOS
** TvOSTopShelf: Go to Build Settings > Change Provisional Profile from Automatic to GenericDevelopment_tvOS

Select the Kodi-TvOS > Generic TVoS on top as Target for the Build.

Xcode Top Bar: Product > Clean
Xcode Top Bar: Product > Build

It worked for me numerous times. Let me know if it works for you.
Thanks for this, suspected an older Xcode was needed, last time I did this it revoked my enterprise cert and then blocked all my side loaded apps.

Im downloading the older Xcode, Im also in the process of working my way through manual fixes / syntax changes, I have forked the build to make all the changes to make it 8.3 and 10.x compatible but I suspect it will take me several weeks.
One question dmytrokoren?

Were you able to create and load an IPA? obviously direct loading via x-code isn't available as all my Apple TVs are on 10.x so get the "no developer image available".

Clean and Build work fine, but when creating the archive it creates the IPA but apple configurator throws up an error saying error with the package?
(2017-04-24, 09:52)ciscosurplus Wrote: One question dmytrokoren?

Were you able to create and load an IPA? obviously direct loading via x-code isn't available as all my Apple TVs are on 10.x so get the "no developer image available".

Clean and Build work fine, but when creating the archive it creates the IPA but apple configurator throws up an error saying error with the package?

Its ok I gave up with Archive as I figured its not like I would be submitting it! so I just to the .app file and run it through code signer and bingo it works.
(2017-04-24, 20:43)ciscosurplus Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 09:52)ciscosurplus Wrote: One question dmytrokoren?

Its ok I gave up with Archive as I figured its not like I would be submitting it! so I just to the .app file and run it through code signer and bingo it works.

@ciscosurplus
I am also having the same issue with Archive. Clean and Build works. How did you do, can you tell me the steps. Thanks
You can deploy apps via xcode and its "devices" menu (its somewhere in the right of the menu and its a submenu item - can't look it up atm). There you can select the attached atv4 and add apps - even if the developer image is not found. Developer image/match is only needed for debugging...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I got it working slightly differently (It wouldn't deploy directly), change the build scheme by clicking on the the app icon then edit scheme

click on archive and give it a name (note don't use any spaces as the .sh script fails as the name is used to copy it over), and tick the reveal archive.

Now when you do a build, it creates a .app file (around 320Mbs) which is stored /Users/&yourname/library/developer/xcode/DervidedData/Kodi-(random sting of unique characters)/Build/Products/Debug_AppleTVOS

I then ran this file through Daniels app signer which turned it in to an IPA using the same profile I used to build the program and sideloaded with my custom topshelf pic and a few tweaks to the build.

I suspect it will take a good 3 months to port over to Xcode 8, the problem being by which time Memphiz will have several new drops.
(2017-04-25, 10:56)ciscosurplus Wrote: I got it working slightly differently (It wouldn't deploy directly), change the build scheme by clicking on the the app icon then edit scheme

click on archive and give it a name (note don't use any spaces as the .sh script fails as the name is used to copy it over), and tick the reveal archive.

Now when you do a build, it creates a .app file (around 320Mbs) which is stored /Users/&yourname/library/developer/xcode/DervidedData/Kodi-(random sting of unique characters)/Build/Products/Debug_AppleTVOS

I then ran this file through Daniels app signer which turned it in to an IPA using the same profile I used to build the program and sideloaded with my custom topshelf pic and a few tweaks to the build.

I suspect it will take a good 3 months to port over to Xcode 8, the problem being by which time Memphiz will have several new drops.

Thank you!
mhh i had no real issue with xcode 8.2.1 and tvos sdk 10.1 on macos sierra. Please pull again from the yab branch but the only thing i added was bumping the ios minimum version which shouldn't affect the tvos build at all...
Ah ok interesting you got it to build, going back as above worked in the end but I will certainly try updating Xcode and try again, hopefully I won't need to revoke all my certs again as I always seem to have to do on rollback!

I spend more time messing with certs than anything else yet with a personal (free account) it takes no time at all.

Out of interest did you manage to get it to archive ok without manually pulling .app files ?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3