Win Kodi 17.1 will not run
Hi all, having seen many of the same problems as I now have I have pasted a debug log (not sure if this is what you need though?).

I have been using 16.1 with no issues, updated to 17.1 and on completion of the installation I ticked 'Run Kodi' and it worked ok.
Ever since it has not worked. This was all on Windows 7.

As it didn't work after uninstalling and installing many times, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, hoping this would help, but it has not.

I have tried deleting addons27 and it just comes back and still nothing works.

If there is anything else you need to know then please ask.

Thanks Danny.

https://pastebin.com/MpYMD65U
Hello dannyn,

Finding and uploading the debug log you have done correctly. Unfortunately you did not enable debugging.

Just go to settings>system>logging and enable debugging.

Although, it does look like you are suffering from the Addon27.db issue. You state that you have tried deleting it. Just to confirm this is what you have done...

What do I have to do to fix it?
The fix is fairly simple, and should only take a few minutes of your time.
All that needs to be done is to navigate to ...\userdata\database and delete the file named Addons27.db

I can’t find this userdata directory
The location depends upon where you downloaded Kodi from...

If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Kodi \userdata\database

If you originally downloaded Kodi from TVAddons then that is a modified version of Kodi and we are unable to assist you. You will need to contact TVAddons for assistance.

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.

I found Addons27.db and deleted it. Now what?

Great. Now that it is deleted, you can exit out of Windows Explorer and start Kodi as you normally would. In most cases, if you have followed these directions, the issue will have been resolved. Be aware that Kodi will recreate the Addons27.db file once you restart Kodi. This is normal. It is a required file for Kodi to operate.

I followed the instructions and Kodi still won’t start.
Now you will need to create a thread explaining the problem. Please read the following links to familiarise yourself on posting about a problem...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

One question before I start to follow your instructions though.

When you say

'Finding and uploading the debug log you have done correctly. Unfortunately you did not enable debugging.

Just go to settings>system>logging and enable debugging.'

Do you mean settings on Kodi ? If so I cannot do this as I cannot open Kodi.

Sorry if I sound stupid!
Quote:Do you mean settings on Kodi ? If so I cannot do this as I cannot open Kodi.

Of course. Sorry, wasn't thinking.

Anyway, lets follow that guide in the previous post. If that does not work, we will come back to setting up the proper debug log.
Ok, so I tried that and deleted addons27, but it will still not run, however following your instructions there were more files than I found previously (followed from another post).

There was a file called addons20 as well as other types of files.

I am uninstalling again, I will then reinstall and let you know.

Thanks again for your help
The addons20 is from the previous version of Kodi you were using. When you upgraded to v17.1, the install files copied addons20 to addons27.db and failed for some reason.

You can try uninstalling and re-installing but, from what I have witnessed here on the forum, it rarely works.

But if you are keen to do that, then make sure uninstall as follows...

1. uninstall the program,
2. delete %appdata%\Kodi
OK, so I deleted the file and uninstalled, reinstalled and Kodi now runs!!

I will set up tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your help.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-04-21, 22:50)blossom24 Wrote: Hello dannyn,

Finding and uploading the debug log you have done correctly. Unfortunately you did not enable debugging.

Just go to settings>system>logging and enable debugging.

Although, it does look like you are suffering from the Addon27.db issue. You state that you have tried deleting it. Just to confirm this is what you have done...

What do I have to do to fix it?
The fix is fairly simple, and should only take a few minutes of your time.
All that needs to be done is to navigate to ...\userdata\database and delete the file named Addons27.db

I can’t find this userdata directory
The location depends upon where you downloaded Kodi from...

If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Kodi \userdata\database

If you originally downloaded Kodi from TVAddons then that is a modified version of Kodi and we are unable to assist you. You will need to contact TVAddons for assistance.

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.

I found Addons27.db and deleted it. Now what?

Great. Now that it is deleted, you can exit out of Windows Explorer and start Kodi as you normally would. In most cases, if you have followed these directions, the issue will have been resolved. Be aware that Kodi will recreate the Addons27.db file once you restart Kodi. This is normal. It is a required file for Kodi to operate.

I followed the instructions and Kodi still won’t start.
Now you will need to create a thread explaining the problem. Please read the following links to familiarise yourself on posting about a problem...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 will not run0