Linux MCE remote issues ubuntu 17.04
Hello all,

after updating ubuntu from 16.10 to 17.04 my MCE remote stopped working with KODI 17.1.
I tried following the sticky about a flawless remote experience and here's what I found out:

the remote is actually working within the OS, all the buttons are sending the right signals, but within KODI the only working buttons are the directional buttons, nothing else works.

Any suggestion/possible solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
My advice would be go back to 16.10 until its fully supported. I know thats not what you want to hear but that would be my move as i'd have backed up 16.10 so i could restore it.

It comes back to if its not broke dont fix it.
(2017-04-22, 01:46)Derek Wrote: My advice would be go back to 16.10 until its fully supported. I know thats not what you want to hear but that would be my move as i'd have backed up 16.10 so i could restore it.

It comes back to if its not broke dont fix it.

Thank you, Derek.

I really think Ubuntu 17.04 is a real mess, back to 16.10 I go, sigh!
yeah sorry to suggest this as i know its a major operation but i think in the long run it'll pay off for you!

Make sure you add the Kodi PPA when you install kodi and not the ubuntu version save any un needed problems.
thanks, all reinstalled and with the right ppa, thanks to kodi backup, a real lifesaver.
Is there a list somewhere of the Ubuntu versions that Kodi supports? Or vice versa? Does anyone know what it is in Ubuntu 17, that messed up MC remote capability in Kodi?
MC remote works fine in kodi 17.1 just when added to a brand new build of ubuntu things are going to have problems, i use a MC remote on ubuntu 16.10 with kodi 17.1
True. I had no problems with Kodi 17 and Ubuntu 16.
How do I find out the problem? Does anyone know?
"it doesn't work" is not a proper bug report...
Is there a reason you're running a non lts ubuntu? You're going to need to upgrade/reinstall every 9 months (thats the ubuntu support period for non lts). Install 16.04, sort the issues out and enjoy it for the next few years.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote issues ubuntu 17.040