Help me choose my Arctic Zephyr
Hello guys!

I have been using Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for a while now on my NVIDIA Shield, currently running SPMC (KODI 16.6.0). Since a KODI 17 version of SPMC is not yet out, this limited me to earlier releases of this skin. Now I have just reinstalled my system, again with SPMC/KODI 16.6.0, and it would seem now that the Jarvis build of Arctic Zephyr has been completely discontinued, and I cannot even find a download for it(checked Emby beta repo, Northebridge etc.).

So because of this, I wanted to take a look at running regular KODI 17.1 on my Shield, even though I knew there might be some compatibility issues(another discussion, but if you have any comments on that, please feel free to comment on it). I went ahead and grabbed these versions of the skin, and have the following impressions:

-Arctic Zephyr straight in the KODI repo
I like the looks of this skin. It quite closely resembles what I had going before. However the options were a little limited.

-Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes danvers release from this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...rom-ashes/
It appears that the looks have dramatically changed in the new version. Especially the menus look like the ones from the TITAN skin. Everything looked very old-fashioned compared to my old version. I double-checked on my MAC, to see if I had done something wrong, but same results. So I must admit I really do not like the KODI 17 version of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes thus far. I must be missing something here, cause it seems very unfinished, and I am very confused as to why the Jarvis version would be taken down completely before the new one was done in that case?

-Arctic Zephyr Plus from this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307462
This skin looked very much like the one straight from the KODI Repo. However it had some added functionality that I really liked. Even though they were a bit hit or miss. For example I found the animated posters really cool, but only 2 posters in my entire collection showed animation.

So I hope someone can help me choose which build is the one for me, given the impressions I have of the above builds, and in respect to my wishlist of functions:
-The look of the old Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes / the new regular Arctic Zephyr / Arctic Zephyr Plus
-I would like to have animated posters for all my movies if possible (My content is coming from an Emby server, so the missing animated posters might have to do with this?)
-Easy overview of: the next episode I am going to see in my TV series, new movies added to my library and a "continue watching" page for what I have stopped watching before it was done. This needs to work in collaboration with Emby.

Other than that I would like to have some of the features from the skin Re Estaurized. This skin has a ton of widgets on the home page, where for example you see trending movies, and can go ahead and add it straight to my Trakt watchlist. So some kind of inspiration going on with possibilities to interact with 3rd party stuff like Trakt would be really cool.

Anyone have any input on what I should go for?
It seems like you like a fusion of the features of multiple skins and unless someone is willing to put everything you like into one skin, I'd personally carry on trying out various skins that you like and make a decision what works best for you.

As for the Jarvis version of Arctic Zephyr, it can still be downloaded from jurialmunkey's Github page under the Jarvis branch (direct download).
1 vote for plus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me choose my Arctic Zephyr0