Windows 10 users, is there an advantage to using the offical app vs. the Windows
Just as the title says. This is the one thing about Windows 10 I am still getting used to, should I just go with the app version rather than the Windows installer on applications if available?

What about you?

Thanks.
Standalone version is better, some things are broken in the store version that cause add-ons not to work.
Store version gets auto up-dated. Standalone can be installed in portable mode.
(2017-04-22, 05:59)PatK Wrote: Store version gets auto up-dated. Standalone can be installed in portable mode.
So that's 2 advantages for standalone. Wink
(2017-04-22, 05:59)PatK Wrote: Store version gets auto up-dated. Standalone can be installed in portable mode.
I was thinking this may be the only good reason to use it.

Sent from my Nexus 6
I never use the app version of anything. Worst idea Microsoft ever had.
(2017-04-22, 05:33)teeedubb Wrote: Standalone version is better, some things are broken in the store version that cause add-ons not to work.
So maybe that's the reason why i have problem with Boblight add-on. I thought it would be better to install it from store because of the automatic updates...
Strange things is the same version from store works fine on my main pc with the Boblight add-on

I will try the standalone version then.
(2017-04-26, 10:42)fab1o978 Wrote:
(2017-04-22, 05:33)teeedubb Wrote: Standalone version is better, some things are broken in the store version that cause add-ons not to work.
So maybe that's the reason why i have problem with Boblight add-on. I thought it would be better to install it from store because of the automatic updates...
Strange things is the same version from store works fine on my main pc with the Boblight add-on

I will try the standalone version then.
If you have the store version already installed running your standalone in portable mode would be a good idea. That way the 2 installs can't interact with each other.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
(2017-04-26, 10:49)trogggy Wrote: If you have the store version already installed running your standalone in portable mode would be a good idea. That way the 2 installs can't interact with each other.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
Thank you, i'll try that!

The store fails to download and update apps reliably, which is pathetic as thats a core function of a app marketplace.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 users, is there an advantage to using the offical app vs. the Windows0