Don't want Categories with Music
Windows 10
Kodi 17.1
I only want folders when I want to select music to play. No Categories, Recently Added Albums, Random Albums, ... (In other words, only Files.) Can't find a way to prevent them being listed.
In that case don't scan your music files after adding the source and the library options won't be created.
Thanks. I misunderstood "Scan."
Checked it out. Doesn't work. Whatever I dfo, when I sit in front of my TV and select Music on my home theatre, I only get MP3-Tags. No Folders. No Files.

With videos, I see all the folders, can move around, and can select the file I want to watch. With music, there is only tags.
I don't think you can do that with the standard skins. Xonfluence ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630 ) is a modified version of the Confluence skin that allows for a lot of tailoring - including removal of the superfluous options you describe.

Andy
(2017-04-22, 19:35)macnab Wrote: Checked it out. Doesn't work. Whatever I dfo, when I sit in front of my TV and select Music on my home theatre, I only get MP3-Tags. No Folders. No Files.

With videos, I see all the folders, can move around, and can select the file I want to watch. With music, there is only tags.

You can do exactly what you want.

If you haven't scanned your files then only the Files option is available showing your sources, navigate that shows the folders and files. If you have already scanned your files then you need to remove the source, say yes to removing from library, then when complete add source again making sure not to scan files.
Oh one other thing, while Files view always gives the ability to browse your folders and files, it can still use tags for the display of the files, if all you want is the filenames with no use of tags at all then disable the "Enable tag reading" setting in Media -> Music.
Sad 
Once scraped, always scraped! Uninstalled and re-installed. Installed Xonfluence. Now my home theatre no longer sees Kodi. Neither will the Kore remote. Going to have a look for a solution to that.
(2017-04-23, 10:09)macnab Wrote: Once scraped, always scraped! Uninstalled and re-installed. Installed Xonfluence. Now my home theatre no longer sees Kodi. Neither will the Kore remote. Going to have a look for a solution to that.

U can always go and manually delete the musicdb files.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't want Categories with Music0