Looking for direction on what to buy - Android Box/NUC/NAS
About 6 months ago I start shopping and researching with the intent of picking up an android TV box. Since then, and about 1500 reviews, suggestions, reports, etc I'm kinda stuck on what I really want/need.

Right now I've got a plethora of 500GB - 1TB 2.5/3.5/USB drives I've got docked or plug in to my laptop to stream movies, etc to my TV.

I was going to go with one of the cheaper S905 boxes and set up Kodi, but after seeing some of the newer NUC's or NAS options I'm not really sure what direction to go.

I am primarily looking to stream/play 1080p and 4k movies to my tv. I've got a newer Sharp 4k Smart TV so I've got Netflix/Amazon streaming already, so those aren't necessary for the box. I also just want to be able to have an easy (and FAST) way to utilize these hard drives without having to plug them in to my laptop.

I also wouldn't mind the options of using Kodi to stream alternate sources for shows/movies, but I am not focusing on that.

Would you guys recommend one of the newer Android boxes, throwing together a NUC or just utilize a NAS storage?

Price point is about $150-200. I've got the HDD/SSD's for a NUC, and ram is cheap enough so I don't have any problem with that. Just need something with AC wireless capability and USB 3.0 inputs (possibly Bluetooth if I decide to get a remote/keyboard).
And it gets updated no less. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
(2017-04-23, 04:47)unboostedzc Wrote: AC wireless capability and USB 3.0 inputs (possibly Bluetooth if I decide to get a remote/keyboard).
Better get your wallet out for an Intel Apollo Lake or Kaby Lake NUC for USB 3.0 - read the individual Intel threads for current HDMI and Audio issues.

Bite the bullet and buy a NAS, then you can pick out any HDMI 2.0 / 4K - 8/10bit HEVC Hardware you want then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for direction on what to buy - Android Box/NUC/NAS0