Android Kodi 17.1 constant crashes
I have been having a great deal of trouble with Krypton 17.1 on my Android box (2 GB RAM, 32GB storage). Often I get to the splash screen, it then exits saying that it has unfortunately stopped working. There's nothing in kodi.log. I've even tried dropping the addons27.db (which I've read sometimes solves the problem) and that was the wrong move, as then all I got was a black screen. I've tried 2 fresh installs with different builds, and it's useless. After a while, it simply crashes on startup; sometimes if I execute it again it works - for awhile. But after a few days, it dies.

Before you say I should try SPMC (which is supposedly better for Android boxes), I would if I could find a build that was compatible with SPMC 16.6 . But it seems all the builds I could find are migrating to 17.1, and at least the ones I did try (they were set up for Krypton 17.1), would not install properly.

If I could upload my logs somewhere, that would be a start, but upload to where?

Any suggestions? Mike
Stop using and installing that build junk
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Then what do you suggest? It appears that it's really not the build that is failing, but Kodi is the prime suspect, since I tried 2 different builds
Try a clean install, downloaded from the link at the top left of this page.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
As MetalChris said. The only help you will get here is installing a clean version of Kodi. As soon as you install a build or any banned add-on you are ineligible for any support.
You're sure you have Android 5.0 or greater.
I've tried 2 separate clean installs, and am on Android 6.0.1
(2017-04-23, 22:28)mikeagner Wrote: I've tried 2 fresh installs with different builds, and it's useless. After a while, it simply crashes on startup; sometimes if I execute it again it works - for awhile. But after a few days, it dies.

If this is what you are referring to as 2 clean installs then no those are not clean installs.

What you need to do is a completely clean install then enable debug logging and upload the log with the crash to a paste site. Debug log.
I dont think many users understand that "build" is not offical Kodi and that it differs from "install".....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 constant crashes0