[PATCH] Win32/SDL add junctions to get rid of run_me_first.bat
just a small patch to get rid of the batch file for the Win32/SDL build.
Is there a definition for the Win32/SDL build or do I need to set
Code:
#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(HAS_XBOX_HARDWARE)
?
By the way can someone of the experienced developer give me a hint on how to keep track with the daily changing revisions from svn? Coming from IT operations I have no experience with that and during two updates last week it broke me the Win32/SDL build.
what do you mean keep track?

you mean have the new changes merged? there will always be some conflict until it hits svn, however svn update should do most of what you need there.

if you mean keeping track of what is commited, subscribe to the xbmc-svn mailinglist.
Yep meant the new changes merged.
I guess a broken Win32 build will be more often because the focus is naturally on the linux build.
One time it was the missing new shoutcast library for the win port and the second time I had to add HAS_CMYTH (HAS_GMYTH was in) for my local build to get rid of all dependencies to the myth library.

Thanks,
WiSo
yeah, you're experiencing the main reason i always advocated separate branches for separate platforms.

but even then, when the win32 changes gets merged atleast you'll avoid conflicts with already fixed stuff
Question 
WiSo Wrote:just a small patch to get rid of the batch file for the Win32/SDL build.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph...tid=581840
Great but I curiuos just how exacly you did this internally in XBMC, I mean did you just use junctions instead of subst so that the q:, p:, t: and z: mapping are still used (meaning that it is still impossible to have real harddrives/partitions with those drive-letters?)? or did remove the need to make those mapping against drive-letters?

Best would be to remove the need to map against drive-letters under Windows (and Linux, and Mac OS X), instead it should just redirect to subfolder under the XBMC Program Files application folder, or better yet do like a real Windows application and create a new XBMC specific folder under "\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\" for that user (or for "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XBMC\")

Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just replied on SF:
I just copied the behavior of the subst command because I don't like it to
start a batch file first Wink
This could be done easily because I just used the existing methods in XBMC
which are used by the XBox and partly by Linux and MacOSX.
Using OS depending paths would require more internally changes to have a
subsystem which serves all platforms.

I see you point but I guess someone has first to decide for a general approach.
As written on SF I'll have a look at the _P macro when back home. If anyone has time earlier please feel free to implement Wink
Quote:Best would be to remove the need to map against drive-letters under Windows (and Linux, and Mac OS X), instead it should just redirect to subfolder under the XBMC Program Files application folder, or better yet do like a real Windows application and create a new XBMC specific folder under "\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\" for that user (or for "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XBMC\")

Yes Please. It's rather easy to follow the Windows standard for where we should store things and following these standards means that we won't run into privilage/user rights problems, at least not for this Smile.
Hope to find some free time this weekend to have a look at it.
I'm not a true dev but i do got a fair grip on win32 os:es so let me know if I can be of some assistance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Win32/SDL add junctions to get rid of run_me_first.bat0