[Kodi 17.1] Selecting Centigrade Crashes Kodi
I have Kodi 17.1 running on two NexBox A95X TV boxes and a Lenovo tablet, (all Android). Only the NexBoxes, (Android v6.0.1), are affected by this problem not the tablet:

Both Nexboxes have the "Estuary" skin, (default), and in Settings/Interface/Regional/Unit Formats it defaults to "Region default format = USA (12h)". I can change this default to USA (24h) OK, but as I am in the UK, (location and time correct in Android's settings), this is of little use to me. I have tried changing this default to "UK (24h)" - my desired setting - and also "UK (12h)", but both cause Kodi to crash when saving the new setting.

I have tried leaving the Region Default as USA (12h), and manually changed the various time & date formats below it to UK style and 24 hour clock. That works OK until I manually change "Regional 'F" to "'C", at which point Kodi crashes without saving the other regional changes.

Is there a solution to this please?

TIA

Paul
I assume that no one else is experiencing this issue then?

Paul
Post a log file
What "Level" of logging do I need to set to, and how do I export a log file?
(2017-04-29, 00:11)Paul608085 Wrote: What "Level" of logging do I need to set to, and how do I export a log file?

debug log (wiki)
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-04-24, 10:03)Paul608085 Wrote: Is there a solution to this please?

TIA

Paul
Yes there is a solution:
Buy a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 microSDHC card and run the far superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton from it:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2156.html

Log uploaded to http://paste.ubuntu.com/24478729/

Re LibreELEC: I did try this, but got lost trying to prepare the microSDcard under Linux. If I can't resolve the issue any other way I will revisit this option - Thanks.

Paul
That's not a debug log.

You need to enable debugging in settings>system>logging.

Restart Kodi and replicate the problem.
Is this correct?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24480566/

I had a lot of trouble getting Kodi to stay in debugging mode - it seemed to reset itself every time I went back to check it? This time, after selecting "UK 24h" Kodi did not crash, but froze indefinitely - I had to power off the box.
Hi there Paul. Did you manage to find a solution to your problem. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with KODI 17.3 crashing as soon as the Regional Settings are changed from US to UK.
To be honest, I'd forgotten all about this. I've just checked one of my Android boxes and it was on default USA 12h.

I tried changing it to UK 24h and it crashed again. I changed it to UK 12h and it did NOT crash. I stopped and re-started Kodi: the UK 12h setting is still there and Kodi seems to be working OK.

I'm not sure what that setting actually does, I can't see any difference in the appearance.

Paul
(2017-06-20, 16:34)Paul608085 Wrote: To be honest, I'd forgotten all about this. I've just checked one of my Android boxes and it was on default USA 12h.

I tried changing it to UK 24h and it crashed again. I changed it to UK 12h and it did NOT crash. I stopped and re-started Kodi: the UK 12h setting is still there and Kodi seems to be working OK.

I'm not sure what that setting actually does, I can't see any difference in the appearance.

Paul

Hi Paul,

can you connect via adb to the device?

If so, pls:

- adb logcat -c
- start kodi, crash it
- adb logcat -d | pastebinit
"can you connect via adb to the device?"

I don't know what this means. (I do know how to SSH into my NAS - is it the same thing?)
I wonder if it 's possibly something to do with the Open Weather Map Extended service?
On my Windows installation, It seems to be crashing when KODI tries to set the temperature unit from Farenheit to Celsius?
By changing the Regional Setting to UK 24H it also changes the temp to Celsius.

When I changed the Weather Service (Settings/Services/Weather) back to 'None', Kodi allowed me to change the Region to UK 24H and UK 12H without crashing.

As soon as I then turn the OpenWeatherMap Extended service back on, (with UK region applied previously), it immediately freezes or crashes.

I tried the Yahoo weather service which works fine. It's not as good as Open Weather as no maps or hourly forecast, but will do the job.
I had the same problem in v17.6.
I found a workaround: in service settings, weather, service for weather information I selected None instead of Met Office and I can set regional units to UK 24. 
I am now using Gismeteo as a weather provider. Trying to choose Met Office after setting regional units again caused Kodi to hang.
To conclude, UK weather provider Met Office causes Kodi to hang when regional units are set to UK 24 or UK 12. Oh well.
I uninstalled it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17.1] Selecting Centigrade Crashes Kodi0