v17 Hangs when stopping playback
I was assuming as much. It must have one of those freak bugs that appear and disappear on their own then Smile
Well this particular issue hit me too, i have a workaround for now, details of what im running:-

Hardware:-
Google ChromeBox (HP) running Matt Devo's standalone firmware

Software:-
Skin:- Aeon Nox (from official repo)

Symptom:-
Start a movie/tv show/live tv - let it play for a couple of mins, press the stop button, this results in the last frame of the video being shown and a complete lock up of the box, no response at all.

I have narrowed down the problem to the option to enable "sync playback to display", when this is enabled the issue occurs, if i disable this option and instead choose the option to "Adjust display refresh rate" then the issue goes away (although there is obviously the side effect of a delay when exiting the video as the tv has to switch the refresh rate back again).

So interestingly the only thing i have in common with the OP is that i am using the same skin, Aeon Nox so MAYBE its related to the skin?.

I have tried Aeon Nox Silvo skin and can confirm the issue is present also with this skin (not too surprising i guess).

In any case this post is more of a note to myself on how to 'fix' it, and i hope it helps somebody else out, as it was a b**ch to find, if any dev is interested in digging into this some more then i am happy to supply logs.
Update on this, im still getting hit with the issue even with the workaround, i have new hardware to try this on so i will install the same version of libreelec and restore from my current box and see how that goes, at least this will rule out hardware issues if it magically stops happening, if it does still happen then my next move is to upgrade to libreelec 8.1.0 (beta), if still no joy then expect debug log shortly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hangs when stopping playback0