v17 Hangs when stopping playback
Could you - just4fun - disable VAAPI and try again?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Will try that later today.
Same result using software rendering as when using VAAPI. Still hangs when I press stop.
Can you upgrade your mesa with ubuntu's x-swat ppa?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I installed that PPA, but no package showed as upgradeable. Which Mesa package do you mean exactly?
That one:

Quote:fritsch@t440s:~$ dpkg -S i965_dri.so
libgl1-mesa-dri:i386: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so
It seems I had added an outdated url for the PPA. Now it's upgraded several packages. I'll update after testing.
dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

will tell
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24528734/

Upgraded to 17.1.0-rc2.
I'll check and report back if this solved the issue.
Nope, still the same issue.

Unless someone has another idea I will try purging all of Kodi and reinstalling.
Try with libreelec first from an USB stick. Purging won't help.
What would that prove? That would be a completely different OS install. Do you think that the problem is hardware related?

I'll try when I get some time, but I don't quite get what it will prove.
It would show that a certain SW config has an impact, is root cause.
And all of a sudden the problem has disappeared. I update to 17.3 and the issue seems gone now. Thanks for the tips everyone.
17.3 did not change a single thing in that regard :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hangs when stopping playback0