Not seeing all my networked drive recordings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
robertkjr3d Offline
I've got a newly rebuilt machine with Kodi-17, with the new default interface.
I have WMC running with ServerWMC on win7 on another machine. But now every once in a while, this annoyance occurs:
Sometimes when I turn on Kodi, it does not see all the networked recordings. hmm, perhaps I should open WMC itself and see if there is a temporary thing preventing WMC from seeing all the Networked recordings I didn't think of that when writing this post. I did check that the Win-7 machine could see that network drive. But I left the machines on all night, and in the morning Kodi showed all the recordings again. Odd... Has this type of thing been reported before. Or perhaps this is a 'serverwmc' thing?

Does Kodi, or ServerWMC need more time to process the network-locations? Like a timeout-setting. There is a huge collection in that drive.
find quote
krustyreturns Offline
Serverwmc gets the recording list from wmc - it does not scan the folders itself. So your idea that possibly wmc is not seeing them when there is a problem is more likely. Next time it happens start up wmc and see if it sees the entire rec list.

If this problem has been reported before I don't recall it. If you find its a wmc problem you can take up its solution in wmc forums like greenbutton. You don't say what the network locations are, but maybe its a sleep mode problem on them.

Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
find quote
robertkjr3d Offline
That Win-7 WMC Media Machine does not sleep. My Win-10 Networked machine does from time to time, where a lot of the recordings are. The issue is not happening now. But when it does again, I can check WMC.
find quote