Solved Python Crypto
Hi all

Ive been getting syslogs going up @ 25mb/min till i run out of diskspace on my /var/log drive; and rulled everything out except the python crypto so i installed the version from the latest ubuntu its was 1.7.x but i get the feeling i should have updated some other stuff as altho the logs are now ok im still getting errors so can some give me an example of related software you'd normally update with the crypto? Im no expert with python and the crypto stuff so need a shove in the riight direction.

Its insane when a 2tb drive with normally 1.5tb free says its only got 65mb free hehe Smile

Tia

Derek
(2017-04-24, 18:29)Derek Wrote: can some give me an example of related software you'd normally update with the crypto?

Have fixed this myself and for some reason Kodi hasn't crashed since, I've had a few intermittent crashes recently but maybe just coincidence or to do with an unstable system due to massive log files Smile

I know its not normally wise to mix updates from other distributions but this is just an early update Smile

It seems i needed Package: python-openssl (16.2.0-1) which i downloaded from here
You also need the python-cryptography (1.7.1-2) package and this must be installed first or you'll have all kinds of dependency problems.
Download this from here

I cant stress enough if you have this problem install the crypto package first!

Hope this is of help to someone; took me the whole evening to get here!

Ta Dek
There was a forum thread about that already. Major ubuntu fuckup as it seems.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nah mine was a system problem though (I THINK?!?!?), the syslog was filling up like mad till i updated the packages altho i have no idea if kodi was effected does kodi use these external packages or versions of them compiled within the code @fritsch

I must have missed that thread oh well fixed now Smile Just hope no1 installs openssl before cryptography as it fires up a load of problems.
(2017-04-24, 21:24)fritsch Wrote: There was a forum thread about that already. Major ubuntu fuckup as it seems.

Sorry Fritsch read that wrong yes i 100% agree total ubuntu mess.

My other question, does kodi use these packages or does kodi have an inbuilt version of whatever bits it needs? Just curious.
Having same problem, tracked it down to cache/..upstart and Unity Log.
Installed Gnome (was running Unity) on 16.04 and problem went away

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Crypto0