v17 Slice Canada / Bravo Add-ons Not Working
Having a bit of trouble with both the Slice Canada and Bravo add-ons from the Kodi repository. They install and open fine, but when I try to play a video I get the spinning wheel and then a few minutes later I hear the error chime and get the note to check the log. As I'm assuming you'll want more detail, I thought I best provide some log. As such, an attempt to load a video in the Slice Canada add-on followed by an attempt to load a video in the Bravo add-on provides the following output:

Edited by mod to remove log - please post logs (only full logs) to pastebin or xbmclogs and then post the link in the forum. This avoids just cluttering forum threads.

I should probably mention that this is on a fresh install of Kodi 17.1 on my Firestick. I had tried to install the same add-ons in an earlier version of Kodi Krypton, I think it was a beta, so when they didn't work I assumed I just needed to install a newer version of Kodi. I've consulted the Google, but I really don't know what I'm looking for so I'm coming up with nothing useful except perhaps a theory that my internet speed is too slow for the stream? My internet is ridiculously slow (1.8Mbps), but it works okay for YouTube, Netflix and the like. That said if an add-on is only streaming at HD quality I'd certainly have a buffering issue.

As you can tell, I really have no idea what's causing the videos not to play, so if you can enlighten me I'd certainly appreciate it as would my wife who's been badgering me to get the add-ons working. Thanks in advance for you help. Sorry for being such a newb.
Slice

Bravo
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thanks @MetalChris, I did notice those threads, but I had assumed they were the add-ons I already installed via the Kodi repository. I feel like a daftie now, geez. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll install those tomorrow.
It appears that thread for the Slice add-on is old and no longer available and the Bravo add-on won't work with my slow connection as it only outputs in 1080. So putting Bravo to the side, can anyone tell me why the Slice app from the official Kodi repo is not working for me or suggest an alternate version that I can try? Thanks kindly.
(2017-04-25, 13:37)tellybox Wrote: It appears that thread for the Slice add-on is old and no longer available and the Bravo add-on won't work with my slow connection as it only outputs in 1080. So putting Bravo to the side, can anyone tell me why the Slice app from the official Kodi repo is not working for me or suggest an alternate version that I can try? Thanks kindly.

Slice is for use in Canada only.
Bravo only works in the US.

Both require a 4-6 Mbps internet connection.
Thanks for the heads up. So is it the location or the internet connection that's causing the error?
(2017-04-25, 15:28)tellybox Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. So is it the location or the internet connection that's causing the error?

probably both
The reason I ask is that I'll be heading to Canada shortly and would like to know ahead of time to save me messing about with add-ons while I'm there. Is the requirement of a 4-6Mbps connection a limitation of the add-on or the website?
Most hi-def video on demand requires at least 4Mbps these days.
Yeah it seems so. That said, I remember streaming it from the website when I was over last, I mean it buffered a bit, but it wasn't too bad and that was on a 2Mbps connection. So if I can watch it in the browser with a slower connection would I be able to watch it with the add-on, or would the add-on still throw an error?
(2017-04-25, 15:51)tellybox Wrote: Yeah it seems so. That said, I remember streaming it from the website when I was over last, I mean it buffered a bit, but it wasn't too bad and that was on a 2Mbps connection. So if I can watch it in the browser with a slower connection would I be able to watch it with the add-on, or would the add-on still throw an error?

It should work, if you are in Canada and have a fast enough connection.
Okay thanks for your help.
I'm closing this thread as the gist is replicated in the proper support threads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slice Canada / Bravo Add-ons Not Working0