Stuttering/Artefacts while watching live TV and playback of recordings
I have some issues with the Tvheadend PVR addon (or maybe Tvheadend or even Kodi?). In some cases there are visible artefacts and audio/video stuttering while watching live TV. The same issue also exists while seeking in a recording.

In case of the live TV issues I can see the following entries in the kodi.log:
Quote:23:56:35.171 T:139907955685120 WARNING: VAAPI::FFGetBuffer - no surface available - dec: 0, render: 0
23:56:35.232 T:139907955685120 WARNING: VAAPI::FFGetBuffer - no surface available - dec: 1, render: 0

Is there something I can do to fix this issue?

Tvheadend version: 4.2.4 (on Debian 9)
Kodi version: 17.5 (on Ubuntu 17.10)
PVR addon version: 3.4.27
Can’t help, but I have a similar problem so hoping for some pointers....
Same for me, tvh 4.24 running on DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 2, Kodi v18 on MacOS 10.13.2. Both on live tv and recordings.
There seems to be a bug in the 4.9 kernel that seems to cause this.

There is a big thread in the libreelec forum over year old trying to find the commit that caused it.

If you revert to a lower kernel 4.8 see if it solves the issue.

There are some lower kernel builds in that thread

See here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/4235-d.../?pageNo=1
Weird, I didn't had those issues in the last few days (or even weeks) anymore on the media center I originally experienced those issues. The only media center still having those issues is my Intel NUC running Ubuntu 17.10 and Kodi 17.6. Both installations are the same (same Ubuntu version, same kernel, same Kodi version). So could it be a hardware issue (maybe the hardware is getting too old)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering/Artefacts while watching live TV and playback of recordings0