Does this hardware to run LE exist?
Hi,

I'm running LE on a Chromebox (CN62) and although I am satisfied with th eoverall experience, I am looking to upgrade in order to have 4K HEVC 10bit support.

The box is connected to a Samsung UE65KS8000 and a Pioneer receiver (supports HDMI 2.2, HD audio formats)

Here are the specifications I would like to have and that I can't seem to find in any available box:
-LibreElec support
-23.976/24Hz support
-Gigabit ethernet
-HD audio passthrough
-4K 10bit HEVC hardware decoding

From what I've read here, Nvidia Shield and Kaby Lake NUCs have some problems with HD audio passthrough, Vero 4K has a 100Mbit ethernet port, other boxes either struggle with 4K HEVC or don't support it at all.

So my question is, does this hardware exist (for a reasonable price, i.e. under 500€/$) ?
Of course such Hardware exists and has done so for quite a while now - it's called regular AMLogic S905 (not X) boxes like:

MINIX U1
WeTek Hub / Play2
ODROID-C2
& many other generic S905 (not X) clones boxes.

The ODROID-C2 and WeTek Hub / Play2 are even reference LibreELEC development Hardware devices.
Just add a Wireless remote if needed for a pretty decent Kodi media player that will hardware decode (excluding 1080p 3D) virtually everything. Smile

You will even get proper Auto Resolution switching 1080p<<--->>2160p (4K) to boot. So you can let your TV upscale 720/1080p content to 4K, using its superior Hardware upscaling.
TV Auto Resolution switching will only happen when actual 2160p content is played. Its all pretty seamless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does this hardware to run LE exist?0