cant pm other users
Hello,

i am new to the forum and if i want to pm another user or even press the MEMBERS button on top i get

ou do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'memnon'

My Account is definitly activated - could anyone tell me what i am doing wrong, perhaps i havent read a forums policy or something ?
You need 10 meaningful / useful posts and also to have been registered for an as far as I know unspecified time. Have a look in the website and forum issues section and you'll see you're not the first to ask the question.
Why do you want to pm? This is a forum based on open questions and answers, so that knowledge is shared.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just noticed you asked about the MEMBERS button. You'll never have access to that as things stand, no idea why it's there. For some reason looking at the members' list seems to be seen as subversive. Or something. It's a bit odd, anyway.
a thx for our responses guys, yes i know knowledge is shared and yes i normally use the thread function to ask questions, but sometimes you want to ask someone personally - in other words - if you ask "why do you wanto to pm" well... why do you give members the possibility to pm other members - you know what i mean Smile

english is not my main language and to be honst i overlocked that website and forum issues section

anyways, thx
(2017-04-27, 13:15)trogggy Wrote: Just noticed you asked about the MEMBERS button. You'll never have access to that as things stand, no idea why it's there. For some reason looking at the members' list seems to be seen as subversive. Or something. It's a bit odd, anyway.

I obviously can't test this at the moment as I have super mod powers and can access most of the forum, but from what I recall I have always been able to access the members' page.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-28, 06:17)nickr Wrote: I obviously can't test this at the moment as I have super mod powers and can access most of the forum, but from what I recall I have always been able to access the members' page.
I did ask a while ago. Just because it seemed (seems) odd - not sure what an evil genius member would do if they could look at the list. I thought I remembered using it years ago, but I don't trust my memory.
That moved to website and forum section.

Iirc the member list was harvested and abused in the past, so general members now cannot access it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes the members list was misused in the past, I disabled access to non-mods and admins.
(2017-04-30, 13:42)Kib Wrote: Yes the members list was misused in the past, I disabled access to non-mods and admins.
That taught 'em. We'reThey're just a bunch of users.
I'm really not sure what your point is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant pm other users0