Kodi crashes on start with ATI drivers
Sad 
I have a J1900 CPU, and use it's onboard video for Kodi.
OS is Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS, and Kodi installed is: 2:17.1~git20170320.2031-final-0xenial

Everything worked OK, until I added ATI RX580 gfx card into my HTPC.

I still use onboard Intel for Kodi.
But, as soon as I install ATI drivers, Kodi fails to start - it crashes.
When I uninstall drivers, Kodi works fine again.

Drivers I tried for ATI:
amdgpu-pro-17.10-410326
amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864

With those drivers it crashes, and example of crash log is here: https://pastebin.com/Lf25QWR8

Any ideas?

PS: Yes, I know it's a bit odd to run Kodi on internal GPU, while external GPU is there too.
Why did you install the card if you dont use it?
Mixed graphics hardware on Linux is tricky. That driver is replacing libGL.so with it's own for AMD and changing the libpath to pick it up over the regular Mesa libGL. libglvnd is supposed to be the solution for handling dispatch to different libGL for different hardware. Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't use libglvnd yet. libglvnd is currently in debian experimental.

The amdgpu should be supported with regular Mesa without that driver. Ubuntu has a stable Mesa PPA: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+ar...tu/updates
Yeah seems a shame to install an upgraded GFX card and not use it? or do you dual boot or something?
Quote:22:11:02.478 T:139951307782464 WARNING: CXRandR::Query - output HDMI-A-1-2 has no current mode, assuming disconnected
22:11:02.478 T:139951307782464 NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
22:11:02.483 T:139951307782464 ERROR: Failed to find matching visual

Either the XServer is not up or something wrong configured in userspace. Make sure the Xserver is up and running as the log is quite clear ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
X server is up, and on TV I can see option to try and login in GUI.
If I try, it again pops out.
If only that were the case I'd say it's definitely error on my side, but the 'kodi' binary crashes with segmentation violation:
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
(2017-04-27, 22:22)Nick7 Wrote: With those drivers it crashes, and example of crash log is here: https://pastebin.com/Lf25QWR8

You have installed Banned add-ons (wiki), so you won't get any support here unless you want to remove them.
(2017-04-28, 09:40)Nick7 Wrote: X server is up, and on TV I can see option to try and login in GUI.
If I try, it again pops out.
If only that were the case I'd say it's definitely error on my side, but the 'kodi' binary crashes with segmentation violation:
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Once again - your userspace drivers are crashing. This has zero to do with kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes on start with ATI drivers0