Using 2nd monitor/tv
I searched the forum but I couldn't find this topic.

Here's my setup:
22" monitor - res: 1680 x 1050
32" TV - res: 1360 x 768"

Kodi version: Kodi 17 (Krypton)

Can you guess what I want to do? Smile

I am not sure but the resolution not corresponding doesn't help (?). I would like to watch on the bigger screen, the 32" TV but the picture is not centered/doesn't fit...call it whatever you want. I'm not sure what to call it. I don't even have the black bars at the top and bottom - which I do with the 22" monitor.

I am wondering if those with 1080p screens - don't have to worry and maybe most have these TVs/monitors nowadays? Not sure what happens with 4K screens.

Anyway, when I 'drag' the Kodi window over to the the TV, the viewing area is off the bottom of the screen (once, I change the window to full screen) so the settings/ including 'play/rw/ff' etc. is off the screen, too.

I thought there might be a solution of reducing the 'zoom' in the skin(s) - 'thought it might work - this was a proposed solution on some youtube videos - but maybe it's not applicable to my problem? Dunno.... but, it didn't work anyway.

1360 x 768 is not a resolution option in settings. So, I can't do anything there.... I believe the settings option only apply to my 22" monitor. At least, it appears that way to me.

I am hoping someone has some suggestions (other than buy a new tv/monitor - believe me, I would like to.... but for now....is there anything I can configure or change settings so I can watch on the tv?) that might solve this issue?

There's another issue and that is trying to move to the other monitor.... but, that's an Ubuntu/DE issue, I think.... it takes a while to move the window smaller if I want to move it back to the 22" monitor (screen).

'Hope someone knows what I'm talking about.
Dont drag the window to the TV goto settings and choose the HDMI in system display in kodi and choose either 720p or 1280x720, le us know if that helps.
(2017-04-28, 20:11)Derek Wrote: Dont drag the window to the TV goto settings and choose the HDMI in system display in kodi and choose either 720p or 1280x720, le us know if that helps.
I tried this option. When I switch the monitor setting from display to HDMI, the Kodi 'screen' switches to the TV but instantly, the colour turns to bright white. The text is not readable.... I'm not sure what is going on there but it seems like a bug of some kind but based on what and regarding, I am unsure. Do you know what is happening?

I'm guessing it's somehow related to using Kodi in Linux/Ubuntu but again, I'm just speculating. I hope someone has seen this before or knows what's going on because I really have no clue. At the moment, switching the setting to HDMI is not an option. I need a workaround or another option. :-(
ok if it does this click return so it stays there then press "S" then enter that'll quit kodi and save the options then restart kodi and it should be there. I've seen what you describe and thats an ugly fix for now someone already posted a bug report about the display going white and weird when switching screens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using 2nd monitor/tv0