Win Kodi 17.1 starts flickering and freezes after 1 minute
Hi,
I upgraded Kodi to 17.1 and noticed that after starting up Kodi, it starts flickering and freezes up to a point that I have to terminate it from the TaskManager.

I uninstalled it and deleted my profile folder and re-installed it without any add-ons and the problem still persists.

My laptop is Intel i7-6500U, Win10, 16Gb Mem and AMD Radeon R5 M335. I connect an LG LED 27M45 with my laptop via HDMI cable.

I enabled logging and reproduced the problem, the log file can be obtained from here.

What do you think might be the problem?

Regards,
chris
Looking over the debug log (please use a public pastebin) Selected Intel® HD Graphics 520 adapter, while you're under the impression that the AMD Radeon R5 M335 is in use. So it looks like a case of a dual graphic system, and drivers are suspect. I suggest try out the other graphic engine to see if there's an improvments, while scouting out for fresh/beta drivers. Here's some info I picked up to set one graphic engine, perhaps it will be of some use.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 starts flickering and freezes after 1 minute0