./configure error: -lmysqlclient
I have just tried a new update from svn but it fails when I run the "configure" with the following error:

checking for main in -lmysqlclient..no
error: == Could not find a required library.

I have rerun the "apt-get" command as per the wiki (which installs sqlite3) but cannot see why this error is occurring.
A search for mysqlclient on this forum returns no matches. I have googled for a ubuntu sqlclient library but cannot see that there is one nor does one appear in the synaptic package manager.
Any clues please?
What should have been a quick rebuild is turning into a marathon ;-)
apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev

I believe the wiki is slightly out of date, the latest README.linux should have the latest and greatest.
return null;
Thanks for that. I was just this minute reading a post from earlier which mentioned the missing package reference (but didn't give the name as you have - thanks). Guess the search engine on the forum isn't flawless!

Thanks.
The wiki really should be changed to say "Read the README.linux for the up to date apt-get line, the following is just an example" unless someone wants to commit to changing it every single time that line changes. We get 2-3 of these posts per week.
rodalpho Wrote:The wiki really should be changed to say "Read the README.linux for the up to date apt-get line, the following is just an example" unless someone wants to commit to changing it every single time that line changes. We get 2-3 of these posts per week.

Doesn't it say this already ? People just choose to ignore it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So it does. Shrug. I guess the apt-get lines could be taken out entirely to force people to read.
rodalpho Wrote:So it does. Shrug. I guess the apt-get lines could be taken out entirely to force people to read.

If you do this it will be less obvious how easy it is to build. I've pointed out those directions to friends and a few of them have looked, seen it's not "too hard" and gone for it. I understand the frustration at folks not seeing the correct info in the Readme and posting here with problems but since so many of us stumble over this and figure it out pretty quick is it so much of a burden for us to help them and try to work the Wiki? <shrug>
What about a nightly cron that updates the wiki automatically with the latest README.linux?

I'm not overly familiar with wiki software and whether it can pull an article from a flat file, but I'd be up for writing a script that logs in and posts the latest readme if it doesn't.
return null;
xgrep Wrote:What about a nightly cron that updates the wiki automatically with the latest README.linux?

I'm not overly familiar with wiki software and whether it can pull an article from a flat file, but I'd be up for writing a script that logs in and posts the latest readme if it doesn't.

I think someone has actually linked to the Readme at the top of the Wiki page now and if I'm not mistaken the link is one that stays updated as new builds are made. I think that's pretty awesomeNod A Cron job to do the same would also be good, especially if it could be made to check for changes in the new Readme before uploading them. <shrug>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Would you look at that, right there at the top Smile

Works for me!
return null;

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
./configure error: -lmysqlclient0