Win Kodi interferences libCEC (Pulse Eight CEC adapter) ?!?
Hello,

I bought a Pulse Eight CEC adapter to start my AV-receiver and my TV together witch my HTPC (even when I'm not using Kodi).

First, I configured the adapter in Kodi. Kodi recognized it without problems and it worked great within Kodi. But when i closed Kodi and switched to Amazon Prime or Netflix in Google Chrome, the adapter was not working anymore as Kodi is closed. In order to solve this issue, I installed the libCEC tray program from Pulse Eight and configured it to start/suspend the AV-receiver and TV with the HTPC (and no more) and deactivated the adapter in Kodi settings completely.

Basically, it is working great...as long as I do not start Kodi. The AV-receiver and the TV are starting with the HTPC (by libCEC tray) but when Kodi starts it switches the AV-receiver and TV instandly off. From my point of view it's weird because I switched off the adapter in Kodi and even tried to switch off every single task the adapter can do, but nothing changed. If libCEC is running and Kodi starts, the AV-receiver and the TV will be switched off.

My system:
Intel i5 4670k, Geforce GTX970, Kodi 17.1

Do you have an advice to solve this issue?
Sounds like something for the pulse 8 forums.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmm, I thought this is the right place because libCEC is working well, but from my point of view Kodi does not really deactivate the CEC adapter as adjusted in the Kodi device settings.
Is it possible to manipulate the Kodi settings in a way that Kodi is no more able to controll or detect the CEC adapter?
I tried to delete cec.dll and libcec.dll in the Kodi installation folder, but Kodi is still switching off the TV when libCEC tray is running. What is necessary to adjust or delete furthermore?
What did pulse 8 advise?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wrote an email to pulse 8 with the same description of the problem but no answer yet.
But is there no way to make Kodi unable to detect or interference the adapter?
The Pulse Eight support seems to be really bad as I got no answer on two emails...there is no support.
They have a forum. Or they did.
I found a blog only, no forum. It seems that there is no support from Pulse Eight after buying their products...really bad.

What do I have to modify/delete that Kodi is not able to detect the CEC adapter anymore?
You are right the pulse eight forums seem to have disappeared.

I am not sure how to fix your problem.
There may be support here https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues

A debug log (wiki) may also help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi interferences libCEC (Pulse Eight CEC adapter) ?!?0