new tv shows not added to library
Ever since upgrading to Kodi 17, new TV shows and movies are usually not added to my library on Mac Mini. Even if I force a manual update, they are not picked up.. However, if I remove the source and then re-add it, everything new is picked up (or if I set the scraper to none, let the library clean out, and then set the scraper back to TV and update the library, all my updated shows are now present).. I've seen in the logs messages about skipping folders (where I do have new shows) as no changes were detected, so the folder was skipped. I'm not sure what to do to get around this... A couple of uninstalls and reinstalls has not helped.

When using the Plex add on in Kodi, the new shows are picked up fine..

Here is a link to my logs : https://paste.ubuntu.com/24478472/

I"m seeing this message frequently, even though new content is in the folder :
06:24:08.526 T:4712255488 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/Volumes/MB2/TV/Show Name/' due to no change

Any help is appreciated.
I picked one show at random...

No information found for item '/Volumes/MB2/TV/BBC Winter Olympics - Sochi Opening/', it won't be added to the library.

What scraper are you using?
TVDB. I expect that show won't be added..

The shows that should be adding and are not are the ones where the log shows Skipping directory due to no change..
Also, it would help If you actually named some shows that are not getting scraped.

Do you really expect someone to hunt through 1600 lines of code?
Have you updated your scrapers lately i.e. in the last year or two as that fast hash problem is a golden oldie and its in your logfile, do a search for " due to no change (fasthash)" in the forum.
Derek - thanks for the tip. My external hard drive is using ExtFat, so I'm disabling the fast cache option to see if that helps.

Nice to get some helpful tips instead of sarcastic replies Smile
No worries was pretty easy to spot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new tv shows not added to library0