Estuary Refresh --> A Estuary MOD
Hello,

English is not my native language, please be patient.

For a month i started a Estuary Mod, called Estuary Refresh.
The Skin works until now only under Kodi17!

The purpose of the mod is, to make the standard Skin better but not Bigger and slower.
I dont like skins with tons of scripts or online data, there is the Problem,one or two scripts goes offline for any reason and the half skin doesnt works anymore.
I also removed the support for the extendedinfo script.

This is a light and fast modification of the standard Estuary.

Which scripts do you need for this skin ?
  • library data provider
  • skin.info.service
  • globalsearch

Which features are implented?
  • changed SetInfos in all views
  • A new and more detailed set view
  • Similar movies / Tvshows in the Dialogvideoinfo
  • Oninfo for Sets
  • New TV Channel view
  • Artist Slideshow
  • Fully configurable main menu (without skinshortcuts, only with skin methods)
  • PinBoard System (replaces the Favorites, much more details and features)
  • Sublabel configuration
  • kategory configuration (over the Widgets)

this are only a few of the changes, i also fixed many many bugs and Small things.

yesterday i added the Englisch language, the both supportet languages are "de_de" and "en_gb", if there a missing or wrong translations then please post it here.

The Pinboard System replaces the old Favorites system from Kodi, you can set under "Movies" / "Tvshows" / "Music" / "Addons" the Pinboard entrys.
Easy open the contextmenü on a item that you want to add and click on "add to Pinboard", there you can mange the Entry in the Pinboards too.

For every Content thats supported you have a own Pinboard system with 10 places.
And you can set every of them as a Widget.

You can set for every Custom home entry 3 Widgets that you can combine how you want. Music with addons, or music with Pinboard and a lot more.

Here is the Link to the Repo:

Estuary Refresh Repo

Here are a few Pictures:

watch gallery

i dont know why but the imgur widget only shows 3 images.... here is the link to the gallery ....

IMGUR GALLERY
Why don't you post this in the Estuary forum considering it is a mod of Estuary? I think you might get more exposure there.
http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Okay my mistake can a mod please make it ?
(2017-04-30, 07:40)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Okay my mistake can a mod please make it ?

Done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Do you know this skin comes from "kodinerds.net" and the author is bumblebee?

Sent from my SM-T550
(2017-05-01, 12:58)minus0 Wrote: Do you know this skin comes from "kodinerds.net" and the author is bumblebee?

Sent from my SM-T550 (typie typie)
Skinnerxyz = bumblebee. Same person, distinct user name.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-05-01, 13:31)Wanilton Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 12:58)minus0 Wrote: Do you know this skin comes from "kodinerds.net" and the author is bumblebee?

Sent from my SM-T550 (typie typie)
Skinnerxyz = bumblebee. Same person, distinct user name.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk
Did not know! Thanks Wanilton
like your mod very much. It is very fast.

love the pinboard (very usefull)

------

some issues:
- weather information on homescreen is to close to the hour. Needs some distance.
- the star with the rating is unreadable on my tvscreen (from a distance).

As a daily user of trakt it is too bad i am not able to add some of this in the main menu.

tnx for sharing your mod
Finally an Estuary skin mod with movies/tv episodes rating listed without having to go into information. This being said, a couple of things.

The arial based font is itty bitty compared to the default in regards to the rating by movies.
Here is the code that would need changing. At the very bottom of your font.xml file. (Thought I would throw that out to make it easier for ya to find. )
<name>Condesed_regular</name>
<filename>FiraSansCondensed-Bold.ttf</filename>
<size>10</size>
</font>
Any plans on placing names on the categories on the home screen? (I can live without this for sure.)

And thank you so much for your hard work, much appreciated. Smile
(2017-05-14, 00:11)fliphusker Wrote: Finally an Estuary skin mod with movies/tv episodes rating listed without having to go into information. This being said, a couple of things.

The arial based font is itty bitty compared to the default in regards to the rating by movies.
Here is the code that would need changing. At the very bottom of your font.xml file. (Thought I would throw that out to make it easier for ya to find. )
<name>Condesed_regular</name>
<filename>FiraSansCondensed-Bold.ttf</filename>
<size>10</size>
</font>
Any plans on placing names on the categories on the home screen? (I can live without this for sure.)

And thank you so much for your hard work, much appreciated. Smile

in the next version the names of the categories is back again Big Grin

i look at the front
I know this was not part of the goal as explained because it can slow down the skin...
But it would be really nice if I could set custom widget to replace the defaults.

Nothing fancy, no need for sophisticated setting changes...Just let me type in what I want for each widget. I don't need to browse and use skin helpers.
How to change this in english?It is the same for films and favourites and music.
http://imgur.com/NNvuMg9

Also is there a chance you can add a scrollbar in the widget area so i can scroll with the mouse wheel?
Thanks for sharing this with us! Smile
Thumbs Up 
Hello

So first and foremost i love your mod, it is exactly what ive been looking for as far as customizability and all that. I also like the ratings on top of the fanart and the other little additions that are to be in Leia.

couple questions though... I am attempting to fix a couple things in the .xml files but am definitely a noob when it comes to skinning.

I will insert a couple pics to show what I am talking about but is there any way to fix the scaling of the fanart posters on the home screen? I am assuming it has something to do with the title being on the poster forcing the fanart to scale to fit it, so i'd like to unlabel them all. In your screenshots you do not have this issue which means it must be a setting, but i cannot seem to find it. Also my ratings flags dont look anything like yours and i also cannot seem to find that option [ive tried all settings under the "ratings" menu item in settings] (also in pictures below) see how mine are square and boring and yours are blue and starred? I've searched forums high and low, manually searched through .xml files for the line of code to edit and googled to my hearts content but cant seem to find any relevant help.

your screenshot of homescreen:

What mine looks like:

One other question is how to fix the side menu on the homescreen (specifically the width and font and/or spacing of menu items). I want it to look exactly like normal estuary just with customizable widgets is my ultimate goal. (pictures below) Which .xml document holds these settings and which line of code should i be looking for? (im assuming home.xml) This is another thing that looks perfect in your screenshots of your mod, however does not reflect in actual skin for me... Undecided

What Refresh looks like now: (sorry for the terrible pics lol), it's a good inch skinnier than it should be and the fonts seem to be bold and the spacing is off, not sure if you can tell all that in the pic

What original Estuary looks like (my goal):

Also the widgets seem to take forever to load, much longer than other skins/mods... Could this just be a side effect of being able to customize and add 3 widgets per menu item? Is there any setting I can attempt to adjust to make it faster? Or any suggestion?

Thank you so much for any help any of you can give and for all your hard work! Big Grin

EDIT: so it seems the image resizing issue only happens on custom widgets (like if i make one from the "featured" list in specto, for example) but not on the default widgets... not sure how to even go about fixing that. It doesnt happen when i do the same in this mod: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316665
(2017-05-17, 22:11)Asphyx Wrote: I know this was not part of the goal as explained because it can slow down the skin...
But it would be really nice if I could set custom widget to replace the defaults.

Nothing fancy, no need for sophisticated setting changes...Just let me type in what I want for each widget. I don't need to browse and use skin helpers.

I may not be understanding you correctly but i believe this is already incorporated under skin settings > customise homemenu and skin settings > Main menu items

hope that helps Big Grin
Excellent mod, will be keeping an eye on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Refresh --> A Estuary MOD2